1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with flex atx

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Tribal Dragon, 15 Nov 2003.

1. Tribal Dragon

Tribal Dragon Insomniac modder!

I'm searching for very small flex atx board for my next project... I've found a shuttle 240mm * 240mm but I want smaller than that.

anyone have suggestions/links? The smaller the better :D

thx for your time

2. whypick1

whypick1 The über-Pick

Well, the only thing smaller is ITX, which is 17cm*17cm. Besides an impossible-to-find P4 board, all ITX boards use VIA processors that aren't exactly the best performers, but they have the advantage of being really small and really cool. The lower-end models only use a heatsink, while the higher-end models use a small fan.

More info here

3. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Mini-itx. Full ITX is actually a standard comparable to micro atx that was never implemented.

The new cores arent bad performers (im using one as i type :D) but yea, they arent gonna win awards for anything other than cool running. They are gonna release a 1.4ghz version soon but i dont know how soon. Get at least the 1ghz M10k or above, its just about fast enough i find.

4. Tribal Dragon

oh! I forgot about those Via epia boards... which would be the best thing for a silent htpc :D

thx a bunch guys :D

5. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Only the M10k has TV out mind, but its pretty good i find, plays everything ive thrown at it. Some people have reported frame skipping at very high bitrate divx fullscreen though but if its for a HTPC, just install the essentials and have plenty of ram and youll be fine.

6. Fronzel

Fronzel What's a Dremel?

The V 8000 and V 5000 have TV out.

7. Tribal Dragon

might wait for the nano itx

I mean... 12cm by 12 cm.... that reduce my design by half!!!

it's a shame that it doesn't have a pci slot on it...

8. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

You dont want <1ghz, trust me on this.

9. Pistol

Pistol Guest

I'd say at least 1.5 ghz...but 1ghz on a board that small (the nano itx one) is pretty freakin awesome.

I predict awesome mods coming up in the future with that board.

10. Tribal Dragon

INDEED! I've cut my measurements by half! and it will fit my needs just right since it's for a htpc... just have to wait a while till I have this baby in my hands :D