1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards Help with mobo needed please.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ian8415, 31 Jan 2011.

1. ian8415

ian8415 What's a Dremel?

Hi I have just updated the bios on my asus rampage extreme 2, from within the bios using ez flash 2 I think,

I am wondering where my oc profiles have gone?

I get a message on start up: please enter setup to recover bios settings, press F1 to enter setup, press F2 to load default values and continue. So it obviously hasn't gone that well, although if I just boot in to windows its ok.

Now my rig is running the 920 i7 (do stepping) on its bog standard setting and memmory strapped to 1066.

I can remember over clocking it and it took me ages to do and lots of research which I really enjoyed at the time but I don't want to do it all again.

Is there anything I can do?

I got to this point because my rig was all ways making an usb error sound, the dee-dum which wore me down to the point of doing something, and also my SB arena headset refuses to be recognised either, so none of its software will open.

2. Deders

Deders Modder

I believe flashing the bios will overwrite everything, including the profiles, next time i suggest writing them down.

It probably won't take you half as long to get your settings back this time

3. padrejones2001

padrejones2001 Puppy Love

This is correct. Not sure what you were expecting.

4. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

Yep agreed it'll overwrite everything and default it.

5. ian8415

ian8415 What's a Dremel?

Ok thanks