1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics help with updating gpu's

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by PAULWARDEN, 28 Mar 2014.

1. PAULWARDEN

PAULWARDEN New Member

hi guys i was just after a bit of advice on updating my gpu's at present i am running 2 560 gtx 448 MSI cards 1 the Power edition he other the standard with slight oc to match the Power edition want to update but only use 1 card now rather than 2 so lower power draw will be sticking with Nvidia

2. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

Go for a 770 4GB card. You will get a good performance increase and just about half your power draw.

3. JamesRC

JamesRC Member

+1. More performance, less power. Winner!

4. monteur

monteur New Member

+1. but are 4GB really necessary, when one only uses 1080p?

5. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

Games are only getting bigger, with larger more detailed textures, more advanced and demanding effects and higher vram usage. Assuming they will want to keep the next card a couple gpu generations again it sure won't hurt anything going for more vram.

6. glaeken

glaeken Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

Definitely worth going for 4GB, since consoles now afford devs to use more than 2+ GB of ram for video memory related resources.

7. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Get as much Vram on a card that you can afford.

Game developers are getting lazy with Textures meaning you need lots of Vram.

A good example is Titanfall and Call Of Duty Ghosts, both games have in my opinion the same level of Textures from games that are nearly 5 years old, but they use more Vram than Crysis 3 maxed out.

That is one of the sole reasons at the moment that I am not getting a 4K monitor and a extra 780Ti, because although for most games what I have would be fine for 4K gaming, the newer games are just coming with stupid Vram requirements.