1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Here's a weird one

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by M3G4, 2 May 2002.

1. M3G4

M3G4 talkie walkie

I recently binned my avance logic ISA for something that had more of a bang than a wimper, so I bought a SB128PCI from tekheads. A rather modest £15, is all it cost me.

Thing is, when pages are loading up in IE6, My mp3's skip like a CD player sitting on jelly :hehe: . I have no idea why, and because it's OEM I have no idea what drivers to download. Rather strange, I've fiddled with all the settings. Could it be because I have it just under my modem or is it a software problem?

I just can't wait to be able to buy the components for my own-built machine with built in sound (It's a soyo dragon :cooldude: )

2. Elspuddy

Elspuddy Minimodder

if you look on creatives site, there is ony one driver for the sb pci 128 ;)

3. Mr T

Mr T 4 Left Into Long 3 Right

Sounds like my old P200 with 16mb or ram :D

Have you deleted the drivers for the old sound card ?

4. jamiesurfs

jamiesurfs Boom Boom, Cha Cha Cha!

It could be that your CPU is overutilised! Both internal modems and soundcards are often known to use a lot of CPU power, so this could be where your problem lies! However, this is only a could as your 500MHz should be OK! I've got a Dragon+ as well, so when you get that the sound should be excellent as I use the onboard sound and am well pleased with it. Keep Saving!

5. Lazy

Lazy Meow?

maybe its to much load for the pc to take. When i load up things like wolfenstein and i am playing mp3's it sips for about half a second when it loads.