1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant Hermes - What a joke

Discussion in 'General' started by Goatee, 11 Jan 2021.

1. Midlight

Midlight Minimodder

The wife ordered some shoes last week, due to be delivered by Hermes. Company shows them as dispatched/ with courier and gave tracking number. Hermes says no idea/ not with us. They are due today though.

2. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Sold a cooler to @penryn 2 hertz presumed it arrived safe and sound until he told me it was AWOL

Checked the tracking and it got to the national sorting hub before it was "damaged beyond repair"

proper job.

3. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Staff Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

This thread had me checking my recently-sent items' tracking details on Hermes. Looks like everything's got there, bar one item posted on the 28th where the tracking stops on the 30th at "arrived at your local depot." Hope it's not got lost...

EDIT:
    It arrived safely, Hermes just didn't update the tracking!

Last edited: 22 Jan 2021
  4. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

I for one look forward to the day delivery and taxi drivers are replace by our robotic overlords.

I would rather attach all deliveires to a rocket, detonate it over the earth and hope the parcel lands at its intended target in one peice than trust Hermes. Even Royal Mail is a bit hit miss atm depending who is on.
    Did have one mail guy "have a go" that we didnt have a letter box (after replacing the front door). Doesnt help the one we ordered was damaged during deliver by none other than royal mail and had to be sent back. What can you do?

5. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

jump to 2.45

6. oscy

oscy Modder

Wow, so they're not inept and have bad hiring/firing policy... they're outright scammers. They're the A4e of postal services.

7. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Just had an update on my NR200p shipping. It has cleared customs at Heathrow, Yay!

UK shipping to be carried out by Hermes... :sigh: