1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Shows Heroes : The next big hit series

Discussion in 'General' started by Solidus, 5 Oct 2006.

1. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

I think this series is going to be pretty huge.
    I remember watching Lost when it first came out and i got the feeling that straight away this thing is going to be huge when it hits the uk and sure enough...bang.

This series certainly looks interesting. Its about people who are developing super powers of some sorts but its driven more on story. It wont be no lost beater when it comes to sheer depth and scope but im loving the first two parts that are already out.

http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/

The first two parts are available to download from most Bittorrent sites, i dont think i would be allowed to post them but man those "demonoids" i keep seeing in my dreams are annoying :D

2. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

bump.

No responces? wow, well let me be the first to say "i told you so" when you guys do hear of this!! :)

3. d3fiant

d3fiant New Member

its a little slow so far, spose more will happen once the key characters meet. wots the deal with the serial killer, his powers seem to be way in excess of the rest.
    Overall this series is a bit like the 4400, powers to save the world, or at least new york, I hope they pull it off and keep it interesting

4. J-Pepper

J-Pepper Active Member

not too sure on this one; watched them all so far and the premise and ideas are all there for a hit show, but it's easy for them to miss a beat (or several) and get all it so so wrong.

Atm, for me anyway, it's still on the fence.

5. kbates666

kbates666 New Member

Great show, but I want to know what Sylar's goal is? What is he trying to do and what is his shadowy friend's power?

6. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

Interested in seeing this. According to SFX, SciFi UK have bought it and will be showing it sometime in the new year:

The article also mentions that Eureka has been renewed - which is good, as I have a bit of a soft spot for the show. ;)

http://www.sfx.co.uk/news/eureka_renewed!

7. specofdust

specofdust Banned

HBO's where it's at in North American TV imo :D

8. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit No longer the other Brett.

Watched the first episode so far, looks like one I'll be keeping an eye on.

9. BioSniper

BioSniper Active Member

Just watched eps 1-3.
    Its pretty interesting so far but I don't think it'll appeal on the same scale as lost.

However having just watched the end of ep3, I think she got it right about what happened to her. holy **** :/ I really wasn't epecting to see that

So I know the above possible spoiler isn't that revealing still I only feel its fair just incase :)

10. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

episode 4 is out and makes a few small steps. Available at your local bittorrent sites now!

11. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

My wife and I have been watching this, as we're both fans of the "superhero" genre (Smallville is another one of our favorites). So far I'm impressed, and I'm interested to see how the story will unfold.

At the moment, I think they're still doing character introduction/development. Once we get into the meat of the show, it should be pretty good.

The teaser for next week's episode includes the line: "Save the cheerleader, save the world." Any show with that tagline has to be good, in my opinion.

-monkey

12. TheSaladMan

TheSaladMan New Member

Seen up to episode 4 now, the ending of it was pretty cool

love how the Japanese guy had a sword at the very end

13. Lord_A

Lord_A Boom baby!

Just finished watching the first 4 episodes with the g/f, great show, shaping up to be awesome IMO :clap:

14. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

Hiro is my hero.
    I was upset his voice wasn't high, squeaky & happy when he comes back from the future though.

15. Lord_A

Lord_A Boom baby!

Yeah, g/f's & my favourite character too :D

Hope he hasn't become as serious as he seems at the end of episode 4 though, that would be a shame.

16. tecate

tecate New Member

Hiro is my favorite character. The comedic angle he is portrayed in coupled with his sincerity and humor all make him an appealing character.

On the other hand, I totally despise the cheerleader. She is a worthless, servile ****

Last edited by a moderator: 23 Oct 2006
  17. Rd52

Rd52 Member

hiro is the best character IMO the cheerleader is pretty cool im still on the fence about her. Great show overall it has alot of promise

18. TheSaladMan

TheSaladMan New Member

Something's kinda bugging me about this show, and has been since the beginning. Am I the only person who thinks Niki isn't actually very special? I mean it seems like her only "Power" is a personality disorder. Granted she gets a bit stronger when she goes all whacky but isn't that just anger? Thoughts anyone?

19. Hamish

Hamish New Member

its watchable
    i won't be pissed when it inevitably gets cancelled :p

20. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

That's what I've been trying to figure out, too. By all indications, he power is nothing more that some television version of multiple personality disorder. Then I start to wonder: Is the tough Niki the real person, and the timid person the secondary personality, or vice versa?

I think it would be neat to have the tough Niki be the real person, knowingly hiding behind the "disguise" of the timid Niki.

Now that we're finally getting out of the introductory backstory, it will be interesting to see the show pick up some pace.

-monkey

Tags: