1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Shows Heroes : The next big hit series

Discussion in 'General' started by Solidus, 5 Oct 2006.

1. Cuban

Cuban What's a Dremel?

great ep leaves me hungry for more... oh well a week isnt to long to wait :worried:

2. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

holy christ. that was good.

3. DarkReaper

DarkReaper Alignment: Sarcastic Good

Damn straight. 19 left me a bit meh but I'm now very much back into the heroes groove :D

Two to go!

4. quack

quack Minimodder

Episode 20 was incredible. Heroes is just getting better and better!

5. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

6. Constructacon

Constructacon Constructing since 1978

EP 20 was by far the best so far.

Wouldn't you have killed to see the Peter/Sylar fight that we glimpsed from behind the door? I think we may see it, but it'll be in the season finale.

7. quack

quack Minimodder

Yes.

8. alextwo

alextwo <a href="http://forums.bit-tech.net/showpost.php?p

That was an excellent episode, roll on next week.

9. Cuban

Cuban What's a Dremel?

yeah, would have been good but i think they will keep that till the last episode

10. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

I can't believe how much they got into that episode. Definitely requires another watch :D

11. Springs

Springs Boing boing

the way peter dresses makes him look like Neo out of matrix....

12. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

That was the best episode yet. The "Lost" producers would do well to watch "Heroes" and learn how to make a proper thriller.

One that's bugging me, though:
    When Peter saw Sylar in the hallway, why didn't he just stop time? I would think a frozen Sylar would be that much easier to defeat. I'm guessing that superheroes battling it out with glowing fists is more dramatic than a boring fight with a mannequin.

-monkey

13. Fod

supermonkey:
    if you look at when he stops time previously, he needed a good second or two to concentrate when stopping time. this would allow sylar the opportunity to attack him before he could stop time... probably.

14. alextwo

alextwo <a href="http://forums.bit-tech.net/showpost.php?p

I was wondering why
    Peter has that bad-ass scar on his face if he can heal himself?

15. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I saw it and even though it was good I still don't feel for the characters. The guys I watched it with were like "OMFG THAT ROCKED" and I still just was a bit "yea was pretty good I spose, kept me entertained for an hour"

16. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

I know what you mean... Like, we watched
    Claire get her noggin sliced open and she obviously died or Sylar wouldn't have gone after Peter
    but I really didn't care that much.. I think it is one of those shows that's just got the "WOW" factor.. That, and everyone just wants to be indestructible and able to fly :p

@ springs:
    Yea! I noticed that too... also, the fight between
    Sylar and Peter reminded me of Ice Man vs Pyro in X-Men III
    , Fire Vs Ice! Good Vs Evil... though why ice is deemed good I have no idea... Fire is far more useful than ice.

17. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

I don't think he can though. My understanding is that Peter absorbs other peoples powers when he is around them. I don't think they permanently transfer to him. Hence once Claire left his jail cell he fell down and became ill. Where as Sylar "learns" about other powers after he can see the brain. (Hence the slicing).

18. Cuban

Cuban What's a Dremel?

peter was shown by the invisible bloke that he can use the powers when not around other heroes but i think the powers are not as strong, e.g it takes him longer to stop time than hiro and he might not be able to fully heal like claire

19. Fod

he raised himself from the dead... if anything he is able to amplify his powers beyond their original owners. what could explain it is that he may have been held for some time alongside the haitian dude. he suppresses people's powers, so if he was harmed while near the haitian and kept there for sufficiently long time for the wound to begin healing 'naturally', his power would not be able to restore it. anyone else see a lot of wolverine in future peter?

about nobody emoting with claire or any of the characters in the future, well, we weren't really supposed to. it was just what was going to happen if they didn't stop sylar, a hypothetical situation. so clarie's and hiro's deaths weren't really made a big deal of.

20. geek1017

geek1017 What's a Dremel?

I think future Peter's scar is because it is from a different timeline where he didn't encounter Claire.
    I'll have to re-watch the episode, but I think future Hiro makes mention of stabbing Sylar, but he had stolen Claire's power so he healed and defeated them.

Maybe that's too Star Trek...but it's what I think is going on.

I can't wait to see the next eps and then re-watch the entire series once I have some time.

If they defeat Sylar in this season what is the arc going to be for season 2?

Tags: