1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HFM.NET - Client Monitoring Application for Folding@Home

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by harlam357, 17 Jan 2010.

1. SazBard

SazBard 10 PRINT "C64 FTW"

This is really great news, thanks for adding this feature and for all your hard work on a great program.

I still can't get it to upload the html files to my webspace though :p But I can live without that. :D

2. harlam357

harlam357 What's a Dremel?

Oh OK... I see what you're saying. Yeah, 15 minutes per refresh is just the default value. Any value between 1 and 180 is acceptable.

See my last post... I'm adding a feature to toggle between the "client run" Completed count and the "client total" Completed as reported in the FAHlog.txt file. I am not changing the behavior of the Failed Count at this time.

The intention of the feature when designed is as it exists today... and "caching" those Completed and Failed Counts is not something I planned to do. On the surface it seems easy, just add the counts to a file and reread them on startup, and that may sort of work. But there are also scenarios where it would not work. It would take quite a bit of leg work to handle correctly it correctly.

The standard format for an FTP URL with user and password is as follows:

ftp://user:pass@somewhere.com/Folder/Path/

If you can send me your HFM.log file I can take a look and the error returned from the web upload process may indicate the problem and possibly a solution.

I implore you both, and anyone else here who needs help or has a request, to see the section directly below regarding the HFM Google Group. As much as I like to visit forums where I maintain an announcement thread on HFM, I just don't have the time to make the rounds to all the forums as often as I'd like. You can always find me quickly at the HFM Google Group and the information posted there is then in a centralized location where users from many Teams and Forums can find and benefit from it.

---

Need help with HFM? Have a Feature Request? Please Join the Discussions. Post in the HFM Google Group.

http://groups.google.com/group/hfm-net

3. harlam357

New Version: 0.5.0 - Revision 180 - Beta - Download

Whew! Been a couple of months since I last came around huh? I'm pleased to annouce the availability of HFM v0.5.0 - which includes the long awaited "auto-update" feature. Just a couple (five) words about this.

You have the option to turn on or off the check for updates on start-up. The ONLY time HFM will auto-check for updates is on start-up. However, there is also a manual check in the Help Menu that will provide you more verbose feedback than the auto-check will.

What does this mean? It means I'll be able to deliever updates and fixes more quickly and easily. It means I will be in a thread near you even less often than I already am now. I have about 9 threads where I maintain/update this same information when I release an update. It's time consuming and I can easily spend several hours getting all my threads updated. So, for smaller, less significant updates my plan is to forego the usual thread updates since running HFM can now tell you when an update is available. I'm going to look into scheduling update checks or another means of ongoing notification since, if you're like me, you don't shutdown HFM that often. ;)

When receiving an update notification you can download either the MSI or Zip distribution. If you're on Windows and download the MSI it will install once you exit HFM. No change to the Zip distribution, you're on your own.

Check the HFM Google Code page for downloads and details on the changes. As always, if you need to find me quickly, see below. I usually answer pretty quickly.

---

Need help with HFM? Have a Feature Request? Please Join the Discussions. Post in the HFM Google Group.

4. 1Razor

1Razor Living life one day at a time....

Thanks for all your effort harlam357, much appreciated :thumb::clap:

5. oatey4519

oatey4519 can't be arsed...

:thumb:cheers for the info..

6. Taffy

Taffy Folding for Margaret 17/3/2011 RIP

Hi Harlam, I have just updated to V5.00 OK however both the previous version and this one do not deal with the new core 23 units correctly. its mainly a maths error, giving the iteration time as 1hr 12min when it should be 8mn 7secs (or thereabouts on my setup) and the PPD are therefore incorrect. the log shows the correct iteration time.

7. leexgx

leexgx CPC hang out zone (i Fix pcs i do )

also put some sort of check in place crashing when .net is missing

8. 1Razor

1Razor Living life one day at a time....

I just tried to view Benchmarks and it doesn't appear to be working now, but definitely did before the upgrade.....!

Running on my Gaming machine set-up.

Last edited: 21 May 2010
  9. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

Guys, quick question. on HFM, when I have my SMP client running, the Status bar is yellow and says "RunningNoFrameTimes" when I hold the mouse over it.

My GPUs all say "Running" and are green. Am I doing something wrong?

10. Taffy

Normally when the bar is yellow the client has not completed enough Framesto calculate the scores and this is normal as SMP clients can take several mins to do a frame

11. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

Ah fair enough. I have just added a machine, so all good then.

12. Taffy

Just updated to the latest version, seems Ok

13. harlam357

New Version: 0.6.0 - Revision 249 - Beta - Download

I'm proud to bring you all two pretty big feature additions to this version of HFM. The first is the addition of the Work Unit History Viewer and Database. This database supersedes the CompletedUnits.csv file that has been written with information on completed work units prior to this version. Check the Tools menu.

You also have the option to Import your CompletedUnits.csv file so we don't leave all that good data you've been collecting with no where to go. There were some inconsistencies in the manner HFM wrote to the CompeltedUnits.csv file so I've done my best to write the Import to only process *Good* data that can be verified without a whole lot of fuss. The Import will weed out any duplicate entries in the file and also give you option to "fix-up" the entries in the file that were unable to be imported. Here are a couple likely scenarios:

- p6701/6702 have an issue with a comma in the work unit name. You can safely remove the ENTIRE work unit name from those entries. The import completely ignores the work unit name value. Once the bad entries file is clean-up up you can Import that file and only those entries by performing another Import on that file.

You can find the WU Database file in the HFM Data Files. See the Help menu. The file name is WuHistory.db3. If don't feel like you got everything Imported the way you want you can simply delete that file and try again.

Example:

Code:
    BAD:  6701,p6701_VSD in POPC and water, neutralized,Windows SMP - Main Workstation,...

GOOD: 6701,,Windows SMP - Main Workstation,..

- International users are likely out of luck using the CompletedUnits.csv Import unless you want to script or hand convert your CompletedUnits.csv file to be formatted in United States English format. The issues here include decimal numbers written with commas and date values not in en-US format. I apologize to any of you this will effect but this Import is a one off deal and I made the decision to keep it simple and not attempt to write a bunch of code to fix this one time deal. The software is Beta and issues like this are the reason I continue to label it as such.

The second big addition is the ability to Merge Client Data from other instances of HFM. For example, you have clients running at work and would like to monitor them in conjunction with your clients running at home. However, you do not have access to all the log files over HTTP or FTP. The solution, the HFM instance at work can act as a data collector using the Web Generation option 'Copy Client Data to Target' to place a ClientData.dat file in a location exposed by a HTTP or FTP server. Then on your home machine you can use the Clients -> Merge Client Data option to point HFM to that data file. Once retrieved the clients monitored by the remote instance of HFM will be visible in the local instance IN A READ-ONLY FASHION. You cannot edit or otherwise control the remote clients. It's simply a data merge.

What else? FahMon Import support has been removed from the main code base. It is now available as a Plugin. Download and read the readme.txt file for instructions on getting it installed. There are also new hotkey options (Alt+O) and (Alt+P) to cycle the Bonus and PPD Calculation options respectively.

Check the HFM Google Code page for downloads and details on the changes. As always, if you need to find me quickly, see below. I usually answer pretty quickly.

---

14. Synay

Synay What's a Dremel?

Ha! Finally I got around to bringing up my live folding status. I must admit, HFM.NET made it really easy. Check it out here: folding.coalescency.org

Just a quick question, does anyone know if you can make hmf.net not forget how many Wu's the clients done when I temporarily shut them down? Counter resets every time I do that, even if the monitoring stays on all the time.

15. jondi_hanluc

jondi_hanluc Retired Folder

This is maybe a question for StreetSam or Saspro, how do you guys go about uploading you HFM HTML files to your web site automatically?

I currently have this free web site http://jondihanluc.net16.net/summary.html

I'm using a free FTP program called Filezilla to upload my HTML files generated by HFM but I can only do it manually, I'd like to be able to do it automatically every 30mins or so. Is there a particular FTP client you use or is there another way to go about it?

Last edited: 8 Dec 2010
  16. StreetSam

StreetSam Minimodder

Rather annoyingly the computer that does that is down at the moment, but I'll see if I can remember. I think HFM is supposed to upload the files itself, however much like you I could never get it to work. So I used a small FTP prog that uploads the files once every fifteen minutes, but of course I now can't remember what it is called, though I think it is FileZilla. Sorry, I'll try to remember to post again when that computer is back working.

17. saspro

saspro IT monkey

In preferences tick "create web site"
    Set it to whatever time period you want.

In the target folder put in:

Code:
    ftp://username:password@ftp.yourhost.tld/ftpdirectory/

18. jondi_hanluc

I've got it working using Saspro's method, I had to uncheck that "copy FAHlog" that was messing things up, but it's working great now. Thanks for the replies both.

19. standinwave

standinwave Folding in memory of my mum

I just couldn't get the auto upload to work. I ended up using Filezilla and manually uploading whenever I remember :blush: Any ideas? I use Webtemp to upload to the same webspace and that works just fine:wallbash:

20. jondi_hanluc

I just copied what Saspro said, below is a screenie of mine:

[​IMG]