1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Hi-fi and AV junkies anonymous

Discussion in 'General' started by Mister_Tad, 16 Jun 2020.

1. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Speaking of spoiled, my fun will be soon, surveys and solicitors not sh_tting the bed permitting, will be moving to a house where the best fixed-line I can possibly expect is 35/6

2. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Cat Lies Down on Broadway

Ooh! That would be nice, 16.5/5.5 here. We were supposed to have FTTP next year but, Connecting Devon and Somerset are as much use as a chocolate teapot with a hole in the bottom.
    I think that is very true, especially if want to enjoy your music and not analyse it studiously, as some "audiophiles" like to do.

3. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Oof. Not sure I'd take the downgrade, personally..

But then I presume there are other factors in this move than just internet!

4. Mister_Tad

High-school catchment has created compromise in many factors including internets.

A mate of mine took great pleasure in pointing out "look what you could have had" of what is basically a palace 3 miles on the wrong side of an arbitrary line. 7200sq ft, 5 garages, indoor pool, 500mbit internet of course. But nooooo, EdUcATioN.

That said I can't and won't complain, it's not as if it's a shed we're moving to.

And anyway on one hand it means I have to redo the media room, but on the other hand it means I get to redo the media room.

5. liratheal

From what I remember of catchment areas, they can choke on it.

I only ended up in the high school I went to because my parents had the doctor write a letter - I was one street over from the catchment area.

All that said, I would quite like the remit to build a media room.

6. Mister_Tad

Today my graciously brief (2 months) search for a matching HTM3S centre has come to an end...

[​IMG]

Just in time to test it out in the gap that I originally sized for one of the big-boi 800-series centres (just in case) before we move.

I'm pretty sure these are now my forever front speakers.

Yaka, teacherboy and Mr_Mistoffelees like this.
  7. liratheal

I picked up a Marantz NR1710 - after much debate internally I decided I didn't need the mild update offered by the 1711, so opted for the cheaper previous version.

Which the wallet liked.

But it does have dual sub outputs, and I think it's exposing the limits of my diddy little rears. Which is making me think about upgrading the fronts (and the center..) and reusing the fronts as rears.

Ho hum, what a conundrum.

Especially as I have a tendancy to go with a little bit of looks over performance with regards to things I look at all night. On that note, anyone got any thoughts on Klipsch as a brand?