1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hibernate vanished

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by TheoGeo, 29 Aug 2006.

1. TheoGeo

TheoGeo What are these goddamn animals?!

After helping in tech support for a while, its my turn to use the collective bit-tech knowledge.

I use hibernate all the time with my pc but since adding an extra gig of ram it says insufficient system resources when going into hibernate. I'm guessing this is because there isnt enough hard drive space allocated for hibernation since i added the extra ram.

Windows has since disabled hibernate after i tried to get it to hibernate (where it would normaly hibernate it now goes into stanby) and the hibernate tab has vanished from power options in the control panel. Any ideas on how i can get in functioning properly again?

btw, removing the added ram doesn't bring the hibernate tab back.

2. hitman012

hitman012 Minimodder

This?

[​IMG]

It's a bug in Windows and I don't think that you can do anything about it. I had this problem a while back, tried to find a solution for a while and couldn't :(

3. TheoGeo

TheoGeo What are these goddamn animals?!

dammit!! I use hibernate pretty much constantly. It ensures i dont leave my computer on all the time.

4. quack

quack Minimodder

Microsoft have recently publicly released a patch to fix hibernation with more than 1GB of RAM, it was previously only available if you rang Product Support Services... so this might be of use to you both:

Support Article
    Download Patch

5. hitman012

hitman012 Minimodder

Fantastic. Many thanks :D