1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant High Beams + Blinkers

Discussion in 'General' started by DarkLord7854, 4 Aug 2008.

1. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

People here don't know what to do in a round-about. They stop in the middle of it to yield to people, or they go round and round several times, or go 5mph through them, or they make a stop even if there's no-one when entering, and then another stop when they want to exit. I've even seen some take the round-about the wrong way.

That and stop signs.. you stop, if there's a car who stopped before you, they go first, then you go. Here, people just slow down a bit to 5mph, and then keep going. "Rolling stop" they call it.. pft.

2. Smegwarrior

Smegwarrior Fighting the war on smeg

Simple answer to both problems, add a 10KW laser to your car and burn them back. :dremel: :D

3. profqwerty

profqwerty What's a Dremel?

Slightly off topic but just as annoying nevertheless:
    There was a huge queue of traffic following a cyclist all dressed up in the skintight stuff etc, it came to be my turn to over take him just as we were coming out of a village (limit 30) into a 40 zone. There is a straight stretch that's the only bit you can overtake for quite a long time just in front of me, so i pull out a bit....then the cyclist pulls out to the white line....then he speeds right up...then another car comes the otherway...I'm in a defender so acceleration isn't a biggy here. I had to hit brakes hard and pull back in - I was level with him so potentially very dangerous, just got behind him again.

4. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

I hate that too, people that stop when entering, when its obvious its clear or safe to enter, its the whole point of a roundabout, so you dont have to wait and stop around so much as a traffic lighted intersection....

5. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

I do use mine on the single track country roads where my parents live. But as soon as I'm back on a full size road or a car comes the other way I will turn them off. The annoying people are those that use them in towns, cities or on major roads.

6. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

some roundabouts have low visibility....

one thing that i hate is when people put them selves on the exterior lane of the roundabout and go all the way around it, this makes the roundabout inefficient as hell because the people in the inner lane have to stop, this has made the municipal gov to change one of them, i will post the picture of it:

[​IMG]

the red'ish parts are the parts they changed, this makes the roundabout much more efficient in this scenario, accidents went down, fluidity went up.

edit: remember that here we drive on the right side of the road and we go around the roundabout CCW.

i also hate people that don't leave a safety distance from the next car, especially when you are stopped on a red light and are going uphill and when you are going on the highway at 100km/h and the f***er behind you is so near that he is almost touching your fender, and all the idiots behind him are doing the same.

people that drive with their high beams in traffic are morons and should be dragged to the street and shot.

and here is a gratuitous picture of my city, or part of it:
    [​IMG]

7. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

Just what I was thinking.

Im not sure exactly but I think it's a 4" drop at 25ft is what the lights should be. Maybe thats the high beams. I dunno.

8. bigsharn

bigsharn Officially demotivated

+1 on that... it's worse in the UK when the police do it and wonder why you get traffic tourettes around them:)

9. Stickeh

Oh i understand that, and im not complaining about those situations its on the roundabouts that you can easily see who is on it, or waiting to enter it and yet its like they looked at the last minute and are un-sure or roll up to the line to stop and look...If its safe to, look as you arrive to the entry point, its not too hard to look left or right while you're driving?

Thats another hate actually, people having no sense of what is around them, i am constantly looking in my mirrors and blind spots!

10. airchie

airchie What's a Dremel?

Don't even get me started on the level of terrible driving on the UK's roads.
    I'm sure half the drivers on the roads got their licence free in a packet of cornflakes!

I think compulsory re-testing should be introduced, every 5 or 10 years or something.
    Should at least prove they do know how to indicate they are just too lazy to do it. :(

11. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

Worse is people in their big-arse SUVs and Hummers who just don't give a crap and do what they want, never bother looking. -.-

12. Stickeh

But theyre safe in an urban environment, but oh look moderate speed + evasive manouver = flip and roll...FUN! Evasive manouvers are my only...well my biggest safety feature in my car...!

13. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

I find a quick flick of the lights on then off is enough to make people think you've stomped the breaks ;)

Fogs with no valid reason, HID Lamps, High-Beams, and people with their lamp height too far all annoy me.
    With the height just about every car is fitted with a really easy to use adjuster dial, problem is people don't realise that you need to change it dependant on the weight in the rear of the car, so a full tank needs them wound lower and an empty tank, higher.

And yes, people not indicating on a roudabout. Most annoying thing ever.

14. Stickeh

Matt Black car + lights out = tailgators backing off :D

Drove to a campsite on a single track lane yesterday, friend told me to be stealth as everyone was asleep, with the lights out i couldnt see my friends and i just dissapeared.... :D

15. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

Over here the high/main beams should be dead level, and when I've set them like that my dipped beams drop about 6 inches in 10 feet.

As for people tailgating, I just drop it a cog or 2, stomp on the brakes, then as they're about to hit me I accelerate and give them the finger.

If I have someone following me with main beam on I'll pull over to let them pass, pull out behind them then put my main beam on for a few minutes, <3 retrofit HIDs.

16. freedom810

freedom810 Minimodder

Never knew indicaters were known as blinkers??:confused:

17. outlawaol

outlawaol Geeked since 1982

I live in the country and drive nearly past people with my brights on. When you've hit 3 deer you tend to drive slower and more cautiously at night. I get flashed on occasion, but I dont care. They can deal with it if it lowers my chance of hitting a deer because my lows dont throw that far (and thus I cant see but 30-40 feet). Once you mess up your cars a few times a small inconvience to someone else is just part of life. And its always the truckers that flash me... silly gooses have no tolerance... And ooh, what bugs me is on a divided highway when they flash me from 4 lanes away(and about 1/4 mile away), "what the deuce!" I always think.

18. outlawaol

outlawaol Geeked since 1982

Its an American term, just like hood and trunk. (you guys call them bonnets and weird stuff like that. ;) )

19. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

When I went on a bus trip to Brum last week we were on a roundabout in the middle lane (the outside lane was a filter lane for straight on) when some dozy git travelling alongside us in the outside lane decided to speed up and cut us up at the last minute. If the bus driver hadn't slammed the brakes on we would have gone straight into him.

20. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

add another one: people who have changed their headlamp bulbs incorrectly. it doesn't sit properly in the reflector and hence looks like it's on hi-beam all the time.

if you can't do it properly, don't do it at all!

Tags: