So this will be my first worklog here and hopefully not the last as I have way to many ideas for new mods. Funny thing is i barely have the insides for the cases i make but i make due with all the old stuff i have laying around. anyway on to the mod so heres how it all starts One day i'm trying to clean up around the house and come across some gas cans i have been storeing for about 2 years. I got them from a friend while we were working HAZMAT clean up and he got them off a job and had no use and so he handed them of to me of course being a pack rat like myself i took them. So here they sat for 2 years through 2 moves i had lugged them around. "Hey hunny i'm gonna get rid of these damn gas tanks unless you know anyone that wants them." "Really i thought you were going to mod them." this is the point at which i kick myself and kiss her for being such a great find. I hadn't even thought of it in the slightest. So here are the annoying gas tanks that have become my next project. so i pull out my 3D sketch prog and get some rough ideas. here we have the front intake fan. rouch compnent and window layout then a little more components in there with some clear walls so i can see how it will lay out With this roughed out shape everything "looks" like it will fit in there lets hope i'm right. i'm useing a miniatx to save a little room. Sorry for the next part i got a little caught up with the design and cutting so i forgot to take pictures but here abouts how it went. 1. i snap a cut off disk onto my dremel and start cutting out the bottom plate this will hopefully end up being the cover for a slide out mobo and component tray. 2. I find out there is a lot of rust in this old thing so out comes the sander to get it cleaned up since it's all a bunch of surface rust anyway it should clean up really nice. 3. Realize that i am wasteing my time trying to get my hands and the sander in there and get the dremal back out to cut the window since it would open up a nice big hole to get in there. size out the window and get to cutting after i run out of cut off disks after about an hour i am now left with a 3/4ths cut window. luckily i had thought of this problem before hand and cut a deep groove all the way around just in case i ran out and so i grabed it by what was already hanging and very very carefully started to wiggle it back and forth to bend it out as i did the joint got weaker and weaker and thn finally snaped. a bit of clean up on the edges and phase one is complete. here are a few pics. With a little edge molding in place i test fit the mobo tray, PSU, and the CDR everything seems to fit in there just as planed and at this point i rant off to my friend about how my brilliant pre planing has made this project so much easier and he rolls his eyes at me. but the truth is if you plan well you can get things done a lot faster. and avoid cutting out the wrong side of the gas can yes the mobo is mounted upside down but this was honestly in the plan. i wanted the airflow to come in and over the harddrive then across the board then back out over the cards rather than getting trapped under the cards in the bottom of the case. so overall it did work out to plan just a diffrent design as my friends are determined i just screwed up. i guess the world may never know who to believe. anyway I will be testing out the diffrence with the second part of this mod. on with the show. here is another shot from above of the compnents inside. Over all the project is coming along nicely. I will post more when i get a little further along. tell me what you think let me know.