1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High Octane & Diesel

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by BlackCaT, 14 Oct 2004.

1. pacmangotpwned

pacmangotpwned What's a Dremel?

WOW!!!! your work on these gas tans is incredible. by far the most original modding I have yet seen. I'm certainly gonna keep watching this one. great work, I hope you have more ideas to offer, they're great.

2. mondriaan

mondriaan What's a Dremel?

Looks real shiny. Keep up the good work. :thumb: :thumb:

3. greywolf

greywolf What's a Dremel?

What a great job! I can't even imagine how difficult (and monotonous) it was to achieve that effect. Hat's off for sticking to it, the results were worth it.

4. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Haven't seen this in quite some time... Anyways I was drinking something when the pic ^^^ loaded and I almost choked from amazement at t3h sh1n3yn3ss :jawdrop:

5. sk8phreak88

sk8phreak88 Minimodder

Wow thats an awesome look.
    Whats the name of that paint remover?

6. BlackCaT

BlackCaT What's a Dremel?

UPDATE FINALLY

[​IMG]
    So there are these two holes up top in the handle a perfect place for a Power button and possibly the Restart button. ( I say possibly since the buttons are not exactly hard to push and what would be worse than having someone bump the button and restart the whole system.)
    [​IMG]
    Here’s my buttons I originally got them for a completely diffrent project but they seem to work to perfectly in this case. Unfortunatly the whole I wanted to use is just a hair to smalle So we must make it bigger. So after searching the house and finding nearly every one of my drill bit sets missing the exactly bit I needed I did what any good modder would do...

Pulled out the dremal and got to work.
    [​IMG]
    So here the button is installed looks pretty good but I think it will end up getting painted silver to better match the tank.
    [​IMG]
    Here’s a side shot of it.

[​IMG]
    Time to get some air into this monster. placement.

[​IMG]
    Masked out and marked for the center hole.
    [​IMG]
    Pilot hole Drilled no problems right on the dot.

[​IMG]
    And here through half the drilling with the 3” hole saw I say again, ALWAYS make sure your battery is FULLY CHARGED BEFORE you start (waits for 30 minutes while battery recharges.)
    [​IMG]
    Whole nearly completed take it nice and easy at this point worse thing to can do is rush it or you might end up with a jagged edge when the hole saw starts jumping.

[​IMG]
    All done perfect hole now I just have to clean up the edges get rid of the burrs and smooth it out a bit.

[​IMG]
    After some grinding with the dremal and grinding stone it’s done beautiful.

[​IMG]
    Time to mark up those pesky screw hole. I grab my cheap extra fan grill and use it as a guide. Marked and ready.

[​IMG]
    Drilled them out gave them a quick double check with the fan grill everything lines up. Pulled off the masking tap and found that the hole saw heated the metal up just enough to melt some of the sticky onto the can (the slight dicoloration on the left side there) no problem we will just clean it up with some goof off or something.

[​IMG]
    One fan down time to work on the other. Looks pretty good if you ask me.

7. Deathrow

Deathrow Minimodder

I have no idea how I overlooked this one. This is looking absoloutely brilliant, I second Nexxos comment about how cool it would be if you poured collant in to it through the cap, im sure you could build a res that would work like that. That would be way more impressive than having a fan there. Just my opinion of course.

Keep up the good work, I espect you will though as you are clearly dedicated. I dont tihnk I would ever have the patience to acheive a finish as nice as that. Well done.

8. Ener

Ener What's a Dremel?

nice mod, i really love that shine, maybe put in a double window with water in it to make it look like the can is full, or have the double window as ur res

9. Rocket733

Rocket733 Austerity - It's the only way

Awesome, glad to see there's another update as this case is very nice.