1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HIPER launches ultra-efficient Power Supplies!

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by Guest-16, 30 Aug 2007.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Milton Keynes / Dornach. After the successful launch of the 5th generation power supplies, at Games Convention in Leipzig (hall 4/G01) HIPER presents the “Energy Saving” line extensions with ultra-efficient models: up to 87% is the new top level among the Type R Mk II and Type M Series.

HPU-4M630 and HPU-4M880 represent the new power solutions of the Type M Series with the well-known HIPER Mesh-Design in an environmental-friendly packaging.

HPU-5K/B680 and HPU-5K/B880 from Type R Mk II Series are the 4 new models with brand new patented features: total of 8 integrated USB 2.0 ports, plus one convenient USB-style port for charging most mobile devices even when the computer is powered off. Moreover they come in metallic blue design with blue LED or in glossy black and in the popular HIPER ToolBox.

All new HIPER Power solutions have the HIPER Mesh-Design and a single low-noise 135mm fan.

HPU-5K880 and HPU-5B880 are certified up to Nvidia GeForce 8800 Ultra.
    Hi-Res pictures are available for download at: http://hiper-pc.com/press/

High Performance Group

…was founded in Milton Keynes/UK in 2001. Based on high-end marketing and technology expertise the company is now among the leading manufacturers of PC power supply units & connection cables, HTPC (Home Theatre Personal Computer), low profile thermal solutions, and Digital Connectivity cables for Consumer Electronics, now with 6 offices and 3 warehouses.

Most of HIPER’s products are patented before their releases. Our concepts and designs are protected & backed by solid patents covering most major countries. We have no doubt that our Innovation & Invention will continue to be a significant force, providing dynamic growth for HIPER worldwide.

The brand name HIPER represents the cutting edge technology, quality, passion and entrepreneurial spirit of more than 250 employees throughout Europe, Asia and North America put in every single product that is shipped from own factories. Due to the close partnership with major IT-companies HIPER products represent the latest state of technology. And even the very top of the line HIPER product can be afforded with a student’s week salary.

Last edited by a moderator: 9 Apr 2014
  2. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Yay! High wattage Hiper PSU's!

My 580 is whisper quiet and perfect, so I hope these follow the trend. Seems they don't have the cool modular connectors anymore though.

3. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

This is just their ultra-efficient line. It's possible the modular ones may be on their way also.

4. Akava

Akava Lurking...

Same here, had it a while now... sweet as a nut!

I hope so, I love being able to get rid of spare cables, and just sticking in a shorter/longer one if I don't need as much/ need more. :dremel:

5. Duste

Duste Sierra my delta, bravo!

Those USB ports are pretty cool, though I highly doubt 8 are needed for merely charging things. :/

6. Akava

Akava Lurking...

Yea, might be a tad ott, but hey, someone might find a use for 8 ;)

7. fathazza

fathazza Freed on Probation

Bottom right port looks like an in, so id imagine it acts as a usb hub
    Quite handy if you ask me

8. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

9. b1g-d0g

b1g-d0g Multimodder

Hope they dont blow up like the other one`s :D

10. Duste

Duste Sierra my delta, bravo!

Oh, true. Nice spotting! :D

11. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

umm... no. the 8 are usb porta that are connected to your mobo. the bottom right is a usb that has constant power even when the PC is turned off. thats the one for charging.

12. dr_bowtie

dr_bowtie What's a Dremel?

I just got a Hiper 580w modular to test and I tell you I like it....cool, quiet and very functional...

Been used to running OCZ stuff...but I really like these units...:)