1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Hitman movie watered down to PG-13?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 11 Oct 2007.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

Boo. Yet another one that I'll wait to Netflix it.

3. devdevil85

devdevil85 New Member

Without Vin Deisel and now with it being PG-13, I hope the movie burns. The guy looks NOTHING like 47 other than having a bald head.....pathetic.....

4. sandys

sandys Well-Known Member

They realise the age range of the average Xbox user in the US and have to cater for it :p

5. naokaji

naokaji whatever

hitman movie with pg 13? not even the dialogs qualify for such a rating lol...

if they cut it so they get a pg 13 for it there wont be much more than the credits left...

6. Dr. Strangelove

Dr. Strangelove New Member

Hmm I would not have minded a Hitman movie but whats the point if it's a children's movie (no offense to any young members). I guess IO should have stayed Danish and hired a Danish director.. Just look at "In China They Eat Dogs" (I kina spiser de hunde).
    And yeah just looked at the trailer, he looks nothing like 47. Guess I'll DL it at some point...

7. Kufwit

Kufwit New Member

It amazes me that no one ever suggests that we have different cuts of films so us old geezers can go watch films the way they are meant to be seen. Then the execs can make all their money from the cut down crap versions for the kiddies to watch.

Kind of like a directors cut but for wimps.

So many films have been destroyed.

I'll defo be missing this if it goes as low as PG

8. Bungle

Bungle Rainbow Warrior

I really don't understand the movie industry. They seem keen to do game to movie ports but then do a half ass stab at it. It's almost like they want to turn people off gaming By releasing a shoddy movie about a particular game. Maybe that's what they are trying to do. After all, the games industry is becoming bigger, year in year out. Fewer people are going to the Cinema these days. I sense a conspiracy. Might be my brain just overworked.:confused:

9. knyghtryda

knyghtryda New Member

so indiscriminate killing is ok... but blood and guts isn't... all I can say is wow. This has become more of a moneygrab than I had previously thought. I was actually interested in a Hitman movie, so lets hope this stays a rumor.

10. Buzzons

Buzzons Active Member

it's all due to pirates yo! (Well I bet that is what the MPAA will say :p)

11. shadow12

shadow12 I lie

That's a shame man. I think they should make the rules more strict so that movies like this could never qualify for PG-13. Hell man its called hitman not exactly the best role model for a 13 year old.

12. whisperwolf

whisperwolf New Member

How on earth can you make a movie where the bad guy kills people for money a kids film, surely its like taking Leon and making it into Kindergarten Cop. Pg-13 normally translates to a 15 rating in the uk doesn't it? can't say I was all that impressed with the trailer anyway.

13. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

My thoughts exactly. What did they do?? Give him a bright orange water pistal and when people get shot, green gunge squirts out, like the stuff on Kids game shows.

At least we still got the 3rd resident evil film to look forward too

14. Breach

Breach Modding in Exile

Ahh 20th Century Fox, destroying the industry one film at a time.

They should just go the extra mile and make it G rated, his gun can shoot happy rainbows at Teletubbies or something.

Seriously though, did they forget the audience is 18+ gamers who already played through the gore of the game? Who are they girling it up for?

15. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

1st. the guy is too young = STUPID, but i'll watch it eiher way since im such a fan...
    2nd. now theyre making it PG-13?????? = wait for DVD's "Director's Cut" edition.

16. TheCherub

TheCherub New Member

PG-13 does equate to a 15 over here then it might be ok, although it will probably stop it from being as good as the game

17. Bungle

Bungle Rainbow Warrior

If they drop the Age limit any further, they will have big bird as the Hitman.:worried:

18. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Active Member

To quote Taylor (Charleton Heston) from the end of the original Planet of the Apes, "Damn them all to hell!!""

The suits really seem to be getting jumpy about all kinds of things nowadays, they watered down die Hard 4.0 and now they are doing it with Hitman. I presume they must think their target audience is a bunch of spotty 14yr old boys because its a film based on a video game - I think they might be some of the few people on the face of the planet who actually believe market research.

It looks as if they might be pinning their hopes on a big opening weekend of the curious and the fans of the game just in case they do have a stinker on their hands and word of mouth causes the ticket sales to drop off sharply. The next stage in the plan might be to reel in the folk who end up hoping for an extended/unrated DVD version and those who wouldn't see it on the big screen but will take a chance with the DVD.

19. Yemerich

Yemerich I can has PERSUADETRON?

It's at least strange to me making a movie that is completely diferent from the game. In the trailer there's a saying that goes like "to strike down evil"... Looks like they didn't killed the priest and the innocent journalist in the last stage of "Hitman: Blood Money". This is a mature (17+) ESRB rating game. And it sold more than 2.5 mil (all them together) copies. Is there anything wrong with selling "just" two and a half million?

Then they put a guy that looks like 17. I read in a forum that the actor is almost 40 y/o. Doesn't matter.. He looks like 17. I don't think that this actor, Vin Diesel or Jason Sta...ton (can't remember his name) are the ideal Mr 47... I think the actor is among us somewhere... and well hidden!

Now PG-13??? What they have in mind (aside much and more money)? They should contract the Olson twins to take the role of Mr 47's secretary and make the "The Teenage Hitman" or "Hitman: Home Alone" and give him a water pistol.

If the game become a PG 13 i really hope it sells very little in the theaters. Then they should think: "God, I wish we could sell like the games did!"

20. yuusou

yuusou Well-Known Member

I can see it now... "Disney Pixar's Hitman"

Tags: Add Tags