1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam HL2: Episode 3

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Syn, 18 Aug 2010.

1. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

If you guys read raising the bar you would realise valve don't poop out half-life games. Also those complaining of time are relatively new and should **** off back to mw:Brown shootan if they want yearly crapped out content with little or no concentration on art direction etc..

2. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

No one's saying Valve makes rubbish games.

But if they said episodic releases meant that we would get games quicker, they should've stuck to it. Ep3/HL3 was something we were all looking forward to.

3. sleepygamer

sleepygamer More Metal Than Thou

It's very true. It's been nearly three years since Episode 2 came out. This is usually the amount of time it takes for a fully fledged sequel to be released (or at least properly announced, with previews and trailers and stuff) never mind a shorter, episodic release.

That was the point, no? Split the game into three chunks so we wouldn't have to wait as long? >.>

4. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

There has been some development with the source engine over the years however, including going from single thread to multi-thread. The developments might go hand in hand with a new episode or HL3. Either way, until it's officially announced, im not holding my breath.

5. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Hit the nail on the head there sleepy - they promised there would be less time between episodes to give us a better experience than having to wait for HL3 for an age. Now it's been nearly 6 years since HL2 and we've still not got a date for Ep3.

At this point I'd put my money on November 16th 2011. 7th anniversary of HL2.

Last edited: 21 Aug 2010
  6. sleepygamer

Assuming HL2:EP3 has a similar run time to the other episodes (I do a casual run of about 6 hours) then we'll be, in essence, getting a game that is about 18 hours long. Which is a good deal, considering that HL2 took me about 10-12 hours. I just wish there wasn't this big ol' wait.

To put this in a little perspective, one of Zero Punctuations earliest reviews was The Orange Box. O_O

7. Showerhead

Showerhead What's a Dremel?

So what will come first Ep3 or Black Mesa?

8. sleepygamer

Black Mesa Source? Hah, I think Gabe hisself will drop the weight and turn into Liv Tyler before BMS releases.

Their Youtube and twitter have been dead for a good few months. I know they say that they are actually just working and not posting updates, but that sounds a little flaky to me. Surely it doesn't impede your work to tweet "LOL Just finished Xen!" or "Hey guys, the particle effects on the alien spawns are looking amazing!" from time to time?

Can you tell I haven't played Half Life since the PS2?