1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam HL2:HD

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Panomama, 6 Sep 2010.

1. Panomama

Panomama I once signed up on uniform dating

Got your attention, didn't it?

I found this mod for half life 2 a few days ago, I thought I'd share it here.
    It replaces the HL2 Textures, sounds, people. Bascially everything to make them better. The mod is 20gb.

Linky

=From the website=

The Cinematic Mod features:

* Raise the quite outdated graphical appearance to a state-of-the-art level
    * Give the HL2 trilogy a more stressed, darker and minatory look
    * Complement the atmosphere with a emotional cinematic music soundtrack, that fits the action on the screen
    * Replace the low-resolution textures with high resolution counterparts and more detailed environments (hires melons!)
    * Complement the storyline with the unused content from the original games
    * Refresh the look and feel with optional new HD models
    * Add more replay-value

I Tried it today, It's really good.
    Sorry for the short post, I didn't know what to say, Just wanted to share it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]:thumb:

2. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

It's been out for quite a while now.

IIRC, Cinematic Mod 10.3 is the current one? (although apparently your vid is 10.4 so i guess they must have released a new one).

I tried it a few months ago and it was rather epic, they also redid the weapons so they felt more realistic (damage, aim down sight option), the pistol is easily probably one of my favourite weapons ever now (from being one of the worst ones ever).

3. murraynt

murraynt Modder

10.6 Gig wow.

4. tennisball

tennisball [Insert witty comment here]

Never really liked Fake factory mod, Half life should never have ironsights and the new models feel a bit pointless, I'm fine with High poly, but the models are fine, they don't need andthing other then a higher polycount.

The weapons feel unbalanced, too the pistol is meant to be weak, because it's the first gun the player gets.

And 20 gigs seems like way too much.

5. Threefiguremini

Threefiguremini What's a Dremel?

Downloaded this ages ago but ended up getting rid of it in the end. Some nice stuff but not all that great. Not worth the large file size IMO

6. AshT

AshT Custom User Title

I use this. The only thing that is bad about it is the see-thru top that a few of Alyx's replacements are sporting. The modeller is obviously a BIG fan and a perv :eyebrow: Although, in the context of pervy-ness it would be fine, but in the context of HL2, EP1 & EP2 it makes no sense what-so-ever!

There are other non-pervy replacements to choose from though, and they do look grrrrreat!

7. October

October Mariachi Style

I think I'll have another go at Smod when I finish my current run through of HL2, 20g seems a tad heavy for some extra pretty. I think it still holds up pretty well without anyway.