1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hmmmm....

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Will, 2 Jan 2004.

1. Will

Will Beware the judderman...

[​IMG]

And theres me thinking Bluetooth was wireless :idea: :hehe: :duh:

Anyone have any ideas how to get rid of this annoying notification message?

The solutions so far have been:

1) Hide the inactive icons (which looks messy and I like to see whats in my taskbar all the time)

2) Disable the bluetooth networking bit (which gets rid of it, but I don't like disabling things I've paid for :p and that makes another annoying 'error' message visible in device manager).

3) Ignore it (but I'm a tidiness nazi....i hate stupid messages telling me things are wrong when they're not)

4) Just laugh...Windows is telling me a wire for my wireless network is unplugged :duh:

2. Fronzel

Fronzel What's a Dremel?

Have you tried wiggling the cable and making sure it isn't a bad connector?

That is a generic error message Windows uses to say it can't connect to a network. I'm guessing the logic is the radio waves and IR waves are the cable. It will say the same thing when you unplug your access point.

Is should go away after a little while. It will also pop up and tell you when you connect to a bluetooth network. I don't know off the top of my head how to disable it.

3. Kevo

Kevo 426F6C6C6F636B7300

Click on disable in "Network Connections".

Heres a pic: (yes im bored ;))

[​IMG]

4. Kevo

Kevo 426F6C6C6F636B7300

Or change something in the registry but I have forgotten what the something is :p

5. Will

I'd wiggle the cable, if there was one :D. Its just a USB adapter for the bluetooth, and I'm not connected to any bluetooth network nor will I (since this adapter is on my home PC) unless someone sets one up in the street ;)

I know its in the USB port properly though :) since I've been sending stuff too/from my phone all evening without a hitch.

6. Will

I just tried that cheers Kevo, but it just means theres a device with an 'X' next to it in device manager....still slightly annoying, but a lot better :D

I know theres a registry tweak somewhere, I did it to stop my firewire from bugging me that it wasn't plugged in (like you I have a 1394 connection, that kept doing the same 'oh look cable unplugged' routine as this :duh: ) but I can't for the life of me remember...

:)

7. Kevo

Kevo 426F6C6C6F636B7300

You could stop the "Alerter" service, dunno what it would do tho ;)

8. Nedsbeds

Nedsbeds Badger, Slime, Weasel!!

if you right click on the taskbar and then click on properties, then click customise next to the hide inactive icons tick box, you can set the state of an icon permanently to hidden. this way you would not need to disable it and you would not see it either. I don't know whether it stops the unplugged message or not, I haven't tried it! Hope that helps.

9. Will

Already disabled mate :( and still the same thing...just gonna have to live with it unless I can find a way to trick itself into thinking its connected.

10. RobbieGSM

RobbieGSM Banned

11. Will

Excellent :)

Once I'd found the right tweak, it did the trick! Thanks :thumb: