1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playstation 3 Home Beta

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by mikeuk2004, 22 Nov 2008.

1. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

All I can say is: Boring.

2. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Is it true you will have to queue up for pool tables / arcade games?

3. CarlT2001

CarlT2001 New Member

Yes it's true...
    Maybe when it goes live, there will be more areas to hang around...its all a bit small at the mo I think....

4. sandys

sandys Well-Known Member

How exciting can you make a game lobby system? Reminds of waiting to go on a quest in Guild wars.

its not that bad really, rather have something group wise supported in the XMB though for game lauching than have to go through that.

Having to queue is a pain in the arse as is not being able to perform some Tekken style takedown on an annoying **** stood next to you, My hopes were raised when I tried the gun option but ....umm no...I was quickly disappointed :D

5. CarlT2001

CarlT2001 New Member

I think that's one of the main purposes of Home - meet up with people and then launch into a game.
    I was bowling yesterday and some people (mainly foreigners) are blasting out terrible music through their headsets constantly. Whilst amusing to watch people dancing in groups, its quite frustrating after about a minute.
    You can probably turn it off in the communication settings, but that spoils the whole idea.

6. Fly

Fly inter arma silent leges

I love how even when an obviously male username has a female avatar they end up with bloke avatars loitering around them dancing or talking utter sh*t.

7. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

lol yep

8. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

Nope havent received an invite to the beta. I dont really care though anyways as I think Home is useless (though many people will love it).

I was invited to the Private Beta for Socom: Confrontation though. That was cool.

9. themax

themax New Member

I was a little upset about not getting to test Killzone, but I am really just being greedy. Sony has been good to me with PS3 beta content (Home, Warhawk, R2, LBP).

10. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

I was in the American Closed beta for world of warcraft over a year before it was released if that makes me cool?...no..? ok...moving along...

11. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

So what do those that are using it think of it? I only go in it to play bowling as there is not much more to do.

12. themax

themax New Member

Not much to do in it really besides tinker around with your own space. I was hoping more arcade games would be added but I guess those took a back seat after the initial release. Bowling or Pool doesn't really do it for me since I could spend that spare time playing a real game while I wait to hear from a friend over the phone. I guess is more or less how social you intend to be online. Me, I am not that social outside of my friends list, so I won't be using Home to find parties for Resistance 2 or Warhawk.

Alot of it sounded great on paper, but thus far it doesn't seem like there will be much effort from developers and publishers. The Uncharted Home Space was really cool, but I doubt that level of work will be put in from someone like EA or Ubisoft.

13. themax

themax New Member

Forgive my double post....

Home had another update today but not sure on what the changes were. I checked out the Arcade again and found that they changed out the games. This time we have Echronome (first 3 stages) and Ice Breakers, both if which I don't remember being there in much of the older builds. I also forgot to mention earlier in the thread that the ability to download the other Home areas in the background while roaming around is a relief. Before hand you had to sit and wait while it downloaded. One thing that does bug me. Home during the initial phase did not have to download and install each portion. I don't know why Sony changed this. I guess it was to allow for a faster delivery of the client itself over PSN instead a large download consisting of all the Home areas in one shot.'

Edit: And not that anyone probably cares but looks like Red Bull has signed on to support Home.

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/12/02/red-bull-to-be-first-company-to-charge-into-home/#comments

Last edited: 3 Dec 2008
  14. superseagull

superseagull If it aint broke, fix it ;-)

yeah i got it too - installed it with eager anticipation - then found myself in yawnsville

maybe im just a miserable old git but i just don't see the point of it :eyebrow: