1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks Home Hub 4 Pile of cra.........

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by NigelT, 15 Mar 2015.

1. NigelT

NigelT What's a Dremel?

Switched to BT Internet about 3 months ago when we moved and whilst the line speed is fine for our needs the router is the worst I've ever used. Constantly dropping the connection over wifi and other niggles. We probably have to turn it off every other day. BT were a waste of time over the phone so I want a new router. What can anyone recommend? I have a £50 amazon voucher so if I could get something around that budget my wife would be happy.

Ideally a couple of gigabit Ethernet ports but not mandatory. I have connected:

Main PC - Ethernet/wifi
    Media PC - Ethernet
    NAS - Ethernet
    2 x ipads - wifi
    2 x phones - wifi
    1 x laptop - wifi

I have an old sky router from my last home that worked perfectly with no downtime, could I use that?

2. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

You won't be able to use the Sky Router sadly as thats hard coded to Sky. You might be able to find a work around and hack it though.

Are you ADSL or are you on Fibre ?

I recently picked up (Yesterday) a TP Link Archer C7. It's a brilliant bit of kit and the wirless range on it is fantastic. There is also a D7 for ADSL.