1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks Home network upgrade

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nimbu, 2 Sep 2019.

1. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

I've bought quite extensively from NetXL (or their partner company yay.com) for Unifi gear so might be worth a look to see if you can save some money there. Also check on eBay - in the past I've bought from NetXL's eBay shop at a cheaper price that on their own website. Also I've had excellent customer service from them when an item I ordered was out of stock.

Mister_Tad likes this.
  2. nimbu

nimbu Well-Known Member

Cool,

I also have some Cisco gbit Poe switches, just need to figure out how to reset them and turn them into dumb ones.

3. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

Google for “Cisco (model) password recovery” and “cisco (model) factory reset” and it should be right at the top.

4. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Super Moderator Super Moderator

In which case, definitely make sure to include the "-E" AP models in your search, no need for the injectors.

Also note if you're buying second hand or potentially old stock, older Lite and LR models are passive POE incompatible with anything but certain Unifi switches - newer models are AF though. I know you're looking at Pros, and they're all AF anyway, but worth a mention.

5. nimbu

nimbu Well-Known Member

Units have arrived. I opted to get the injectors for now. This way I can get it running without having to fiddle with the Cisco switches for now.