1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Homefront help

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by antonyand, 8 Apr 2011.

1. antonyand

antonyand mmm Jaffa Cakes

Well after chatting to a few ppl in work thought i'd buy homefront. Thought to myself it'll be a nice change from BFBC. Played the single player last night, and completed it. Was ok, but very quick. And now i have a spare half day, thought i'll try the multiplayer.

But no! anytime i go near the multiplayer screen it locks up and have to ctrl + Alt + del.

I have spent the last hour trying to get it working, turned off firewall, uninstalled firewall, quick join, maunal search and even tried putting in a server's IP add. But all i get is a locked up homefront screen.

Anyone else had this issue? And does anyone know how to get the multiplayer working?

I always expect a little work to get some games working but this is getting stupid.

2. antonyand

oops found fix just after posting.

This is what I used to fix the multiplayer side of things locking up whenever i tried to find a game.

1. Go into multiplayer menu
    2. Unplug ethernet cable (wireless works as well, just disable it in settings, ethernet can work this way as well)
    3. Wait for you are not connected to steam message
    4. Click ok
    5. Plug back in ethernet cable or renable wireless and ethernet controllers
    6. Go back into multiplayer menu
    7. Happy Gaming

3. rollo

rollo Modder

That's a fix lol

That's more work than I'd be willing to put in for the sake of 1 game

4. antonyand

its a "fix" for now. Hopefully a new patch will fix this?!

multiplay isn't as good as thought it would be. not enough ammo for my liking and just ended up stealing ppls ol guns to keep on killing.

For the price i paid feel a little riped off, but it isn't the worst game i've bought.