1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Homeworld License: UPDATE Gearbox HD Remakes Release Date 25 Feb 2015!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Blogins, 15 Apr 2013.

1. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

You could do, but you would be wasting your time, as left over resources are Auto-collected (a feature added in homeworld 2, and added to both of the remastered versions) so unless you find it cathartic or something :)

2. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

im playing HW1 first, does it auto collect in that too?

3. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

no point, everything is autoharvested when you jump

4. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

in HW1 as well?

5. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

in the remaster, yes

6. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

good to know, iv wasted a lot of time it seems then lol.
    I guess there is a small advantage of building the fleet up before a jump to be better ready for any quick attacks.

7. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

In the original there was a scale feature where the size of the fleet you jump with would be counteracted by the Vaygr fleet in the following mission. Not sure if this translated to the remaster.

8. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Dammit! That's a lot of time I wasted :hehe:
    If anything, it's been turned up a notch. I think I posted somewhere that in the third to last mission I had to face about 11 battleships (or something in that order) in a matter of a minute or two. I'm not going to lie - a lot of pausing on my part to constantly evaluate what was happening

9. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

A heads up to my fellow Homeworld fans: it is rumoured that the new version of the Complex mod for the Remaster is due to hit in two or three weeks. This is very exciting news for me!

10. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

the big 2.0 patch hast landed and its big. :clap:

11. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

Don't know if anyone has noticed, but its now available on GoG if you fancy some DRM free action...

12. rollo

rollo Modder

Saw it the other day. I'd imagine most people brought it day 1. Can not see me personally replaying it again with 2.0 patch either.

13. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

Thanks Gunsmith. I'll have to give my favourite missions another go after the patch :D

Hopefully the GoG connect feature will pick this up in the near future. Or I may have to buy it again on a sale.

14. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

5.3 gig to be precise!

Not tried it yet but the patch notes read well. Homeworld Remastered was pretty good out of the box but the merging of HW1 and 2 factions did leave some issues around formations and target priories so I am really played the have made changes there.

Edit: Also, RE the GOG version, it would be nice if it came to gog connect, as I suspect many people did pick up the remastered on release. Even at 50% off paying twice for it is over kill :)

Last edited: 8 Jun 2016
  15. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Yeah, noticed this downloading last night. For me the highlight is that this patchwas holding back the Complex mod from being released. VERY happy!

16. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

The Complex Mod is now in alpha testing - I'm a Patreon supporter of the mod so have access. It's shaping up very nicely and there's more balance now. Strike craft are actually useful and there are good weapon options. There's also more focus on dedicating a ship to a task - so for example, a battlecruiser armed with all anti-capital ship weaponry will get a boost to overall capital ship damage.

One thing I particularly like is that carriers can now have four turrets, turning them into battlecarriers that can actually do serious damage.

17. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

If I recall, the original complex mod gave a big boost to point defense and flak type defense to some of the bigger ships, is that still the base in the new complex mod?

Still not got around to trying the last big update to Homeworld remastered yet but I think with the mod support added this game has lots more lasting appeal.

18. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

That's right, Deckerd. Point defences are now part of the turret buying system. IIRC there's a basic version and advanced version. So, make a destroyer a dedicated torpedo/bomb interception unit!

19. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Wow.

The AI in skirmish mode has been upgraded. Normally I steamroll it in 20 minutes. I haven't had time to actually beat it yet, but it's now a LOT more aggressive. I think Pulsar corvettes may have been nerfed as well - which frankly, is several years overdue :D. They don't decimate fighters so quickly anymore, though are still good against other targets (which is what they were supposed to do in the first place).

I'll have to revisit my strategy methinks.