1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Homeworld License: UPDATE Gearbox HD Remakes Release Date 25 Feb 2015!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Blogins, 15 Apr 2013.

1. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

I hope there's an option for a 're-balanced' Homeworld when starting a new game. As much as I loved the game it was a hideous mess with regards to balanced gameplay. I found the fighter units to be useless and all the best ships I stole from the other side! Gorged myself on Turanic Raider Ion Array Frigates. The deployment of the Ion Array was gorgeous, look forward to seeing that uprezzed!

2. rollo

rollo Modder

The original homeworld was not the most friendly game to get into. If you did not farm resources at the end of each mission by the time your halfway through they have a huge army to your tiny one.

Let's hope the auto resource from hw2 is in the first one. First game has some fun missions and some unfun missions. Hw2 is more balanced in that but has a very easy final mission in comparison.

Never played the multi outside of mods that turned the game into Star Trek or star wars or battlestar galactic so could not say how it orginallt played.

3. oscy

oscy Modder

Exactly the problem I ran into. Salvaging all of the enemy from the very first mission is the only way to play the game, but they never even hinted at that. Just a line emphasising the lack of resources and the importance of the salvagers could've done it.

Then was the mission right before the end which took it to the extreme. A giant sphere of 100 ships and apparently you have to salvage every single one with your 4 or 5 salvagers, taking several hours. I luckily found a save game on a fan site that started on the next mission.

Very odd gameplay choice.

4. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

No no no, where's the fun in that :rolleyes:

For me, the most memorable HW1 mission was that 100 sphere ion ship mission. I spent HOURS luring and capturing. Then the next mission with the asteroid was most rewarding :D

5. oscy

oscy Modder

Where's the fun in basically watching ships move back and forth for hours? I see it for 20 minutes or so, I gain nothing wasting my time watching the same thing for hours. It's literally the same ships moving back and forth the same route, painfully slowly, with nothing changing. In my world that's called work and requires a minimum wage of £6.50 per hour. Awful pacing that went against the rest of the game.

6. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Well I hope your Bit-Tech Avatar will be given the HD makeover on the 25th!

7. Frohicky1

Frohicky1 Awaits his moosey fate . . .

Kadeshi Multi-Beam Frigate Cheesecake.

8. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Paper Craft!!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Only five days left!

10. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Very nice! First encounter with the Turanic Raiders is my favourite scene from Homeworld.

11. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

That would be the 'remastered' version of Homeworld 1. Because the remaster is built on an updated version of the HW2 engine, it is missing some of the features of HW1 (like fuel, or individual fighter command), it is by default rebalanced fro mthe original (which can still be played as 'Homeworld 1 Classic').

12. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

Only 1 day left :D

I half decided I want the collector's edition with the "desktop woman's pleasure-toy", but it's all sold out on Amazon :( So I've gone for standard Steam preorder.

13. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Yeah, the CEs have been gone for a while. Gearbox was actually quite stingy with how many they made. Thankfully I have one coming.

14. rollo

rollo Modder

More underestimated the demand. As no company would sell them selves short as it's easy cash most of the recent collectors editions are dlc extras or a few things that cost next to nothing.

15. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

16. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

ive just had to shell out for the car tax/mot and insurance this month.

no homeworld for me :'(

17. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

So cross. I ordered the CE ages ago. Middle of home night Amazon email to say they're having difficulty getting it. I then get a follow up saying 28th Feb. What are they playing at?

18. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

I've got too many games on the go but I don't think I'm going to be able to resist.

19. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Dispatching now! Arriving Friday. Seems Amazon might have had their trailer of boxes turn up late, so they missed the launch date.

GS, yes you should get this.

20. nimbu

nimbu Multimodder

Hmm £28 on steam appears a little steep, two minded atm.