1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

honor VS cash

Discussion in 'General' started by delphia, 1 May 2003.

1. delphia

delphia What's a Dremel?

ok, as i posted in hardware i bought a cheapo generic motherboard (A-Plus AP-951) at the computer fair almost a week ago and its crap.

win 98 and 2000 barely work, and XP freezes whenever I try to install it. so i called the mobile number on the docket and supprise.. its disconnected :(

so im going to the next pc fair, and im torn between 3 options.

1. Write the $90 i wasted off as a loss and stand at the guys stall and ruin ALL his days buisiness out of revenge

2. Get a refund (note if he wont give me one i will use plan 1.)

3. Get a refund and still ruin his buisiness just out of spite, oh sorry "concern for fellow shoppers"

what would you do in my situation.

2. Yo-DUH_87

Yo-DUH_87 Who you calling tiny?

Try that first, and then if you don't get one, ask if there is anyone in carge of protecting customers from getting robbed blind and cheated.

Just ruining the guy's day isn't going to do either of you any good.

3. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

2 and then if you dont get a refund 1.

"ruining the guy's day isn't going to do either of you any good." - but itll make you feel better, and besides you technically are protecting other people :p

4. Draxin

Draxin Seeker of Photons

i say option 3 i mean do you really want other people to go through the trouble you had. imagine some kid spends his hard earned money thinking he finaly guna be able to build himself a box, only to have it not work, he get frustrated and thinks it him, and decideds the computers arent for him? or the people that wouldnt take the time to go back??? fight for the future modder that hasnet been created yet, dont let this guy screw someone else over FIGHT FOR THE FUTURE MODDERS!!!

<rally_call> FIGHT FOR THE FUTURE</rally_call>

5. sinizterguy

sinizterguy Dark & Sinizter

First 2 and then 1.

6. herbs

herbs Nobody but us chickens

Just do 2, as the computer fair I goto have some rather big security people that seem to be itching to jump on your head. IF the place you brought it from have a shop nearby pay them a visit there on a busy day if they aint playing ball.

7. delphia

delphia What's a Dremel?

i didnt realise untill it was too late that the docket only had a mobile phone number on it and that was disconnected.

Theres only 2 secboys at our fair and they dont look like much. But then again beating up rentacops isnt on my "things to do" list.

8. Joel

Joel What's a Dremel?

if they dont report em to the organisers.. i did that after being sold a dodgy gfx card... said on the front of the box 128meg, on the back said 64meg, and the card was 32meg.....

went and asked for a refund... i had recipt and all, the refuses to refund it... so i went and spoke to the organisers, and they shut em down more or less straigt away

9. herbs

herbs Nobody but us chickens

Yeah I brought a rewriter (one of the first 24x liteons) from a fair it played up and there was an address on the reciept which was like 20 miles away and the phone number was a mobile which I tried and there was no answer. To send the writer to be repaired would have cost me about £15-20 as it was in Germany, so I didn't bother. Also I couldn't remember the people I brought it from as it was 10 months after it started playing up. I went to the fair and was going to by a case from someone and it turned out to be them so I told them to stuff the case (No way was I going to buy from them again) and brought elsewhere. Now I only buy from a regular 2 or 3 people at the fair.