1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Host a party, get Windows 7 free

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 4 Sep 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN I want to change my name but I also don't

Signature Edition? Does that provide anything over the standard Ultimate?

3. gurboura

gurboura TopLevel Computers

I think it's a new idea that could actually be of use to Microsoft.

Throw a party and invite family members/friends that aren't technology smart, and show them how Windows 7 stacks up against Vista. It'll be a better atmosphere than going to your local retailer and asking "If I bring in a bag of chips, and share them with you, can you show me how Windows 7 is better than Vista, in a fun, friend environment?"

4. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Take a shot for every time the "ding" error sound plays... hell... i can almost see me hosting this while drunk...
    "right... gather around... i am gonna show y'alls what rules about windows seven, and consequentiall- *hic*... consequentially (tomorrow i'll work on my speech impediment) score all this free s*** from Microsoft...
    Right... so win7 ships in this AWESOME box, which pretty much looks like a normal windows box... and has loads of awesome s*** going on... I didn't have to install any drivers on my rig, unless i want to actually play games... it does this *show windows snap to sides/maximise/peek features*, and has a new taskbar... it's also WAYYYYY cooler than Vista (and i liekd vista...). Can someone get me some booze, my drink is broken, and all this yapping on about BS is making my throat dry out...
    Right... then you have a new taskbar, it's a bit snappier, and thank you microsoft for my free Win7 Ultimate edition... thanks for the dirnk, and let's get f*** like the economy.

Oh... one more thing: it comes with IE8... great browser... almost as good as some of the others... and much better than IE6 for doing... *access some streaming vid pr0n site* *Roaring laughter as i type in something involving midgets and donkeys*...
    Cheers."

5. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

That sounds like the most fun-filled evening I could possibly have with my family and friends.

No. In reality I'd rather stuff barbed wire up my ass. I don't want to be that guy, thanks.

6. gurboura

gurboura TopLevel Computers

For some of my friends and family, they'd probably find it interesting, and I get a free copy of Windows 7, seems like a win-win situation.

Now, if they weren't giving out the free copy of Windows 7, I'd just be handing out DVDs of Windows 7 Eval and charging them to install it :worried:

7. yuusou

yuusou Well-Known Member

I value my friendships muuuuuuuch more than I value Windows, even if 7 is better than Vista, It's still worse than Longhorn. Also, I'm an Ubuntu Fanboy.

8. 500mph

500mph The Right man in the Wrong place

It would be funny if each dorm room here threw a Windows 7 party, and we would just go from room to room.
    We get MSDNAA anyways.

9. licenced

licenced Member

I don't understand how they would know you actually hosted the party - do they need some kind of evidence before sending you the goods?

10. ashikamlani

ashikamlani New Member

It says on the website that you have to upload pictures and the like so I guess that's the proof.

11. antiHero

antiHero ReliXmas time!

I could think about having a party with my friends. Install windows 7, have some beer, get free stuff and then uninstall it so my friends could trough a party.

I LIKE FREE STUFF!!!

12. SBS

SBS New Member

Someone's tempted :p

13. Phil Rhodes

Phil Rhodes Hypernobber

But I don't want windows 7...

14. Rkiver

Rkiver Cybernetic Spine

Sure why not, a gang of my mates and I are all techies, and any reason for a party. I have multiple machines that we can test it on, including netbooks, laptops, average pcs and bloody powerful ones.

15. ./^\.Ace./^\.

./^\.Ace./^\. New Member

PhotoPalooza would be great if they gave you a free multi-touch display to play with...

the site says only for residents of the "UNITED STATES" so I guess I wont be signing up...

Last edited: 4 Sep 2009
  16. logan'srun

logan'srun following the footsteps of giants

shoot, I signed up, but sweden's not on the list - so I'll see if i get it or not.

I think it would be fun (at least if you include doing shot's everytime it says 'please wait' or something like that)

besides, it's free so why not?

17. damienVC

damienVC New Member

It's my lads 10th birthday during that week. I was going to take him and his mates to Lazermaze followed by a Maccy D's - not any more! Who needs clowns? He'll be well chuffed.

cjmUK likes this.
  18. cjmUK

cjmUK Old git.

Seems like money for old rope perhaps. If I didn't already have an RTM copy of Ultimate x64 and if my family lived nearer, I'd host a party. You mess about for an hour or so, and get £200 worth of software in return. And the silver lining is that one or more relatives might actually decide to upgrade or buy a new W7 PC - thus making my life that bit easier. Surely I can't be the only one remotely supporting a gaggle of family and friends? The awkward minority are still stuck on XP, which is a PITA since it's 3 years since I last used it in anger.

Sure, it's hardly cool, but it's a good deal.

19. cjmUK

cjmUK Old git.

+1 Rep. You are a god.

My daughter's brithday is October 21st - problem solved... assuming I can pass of a screaming 5 years olds as 'key decision makers with purchasing authority', that copy is mine!

pimonserry likes this.
  20. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

have applied, any excuse to have a party ;)

like the waiver, you agree that alchohol may be drunk at your party but you wont hold us responsible, blah blah

Tags: Add Tags