1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other How did your online name come about...

Discussion in 'General' started by BRAWL, 8 Feb 2011.

1. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

It used to be The_Number_Of_The_Beast, Iron Maiden reference, but it was too long when a site decided to limit user name size.

I like it and it's easier to type in

2. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

3. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

4. chimmy09

chimmy09 What's a Dremel?

well, my last name is Chiemwichitra, but nobody can pronounce it, apparently I don't even say it right, since I read it the way it sounds in English(it is Thai).
    But yea, nobody could pronounce it, so everybody started to call me Chimmy. the 09 is the year I made the account, and the year I graduated highschool.

5. logonui

logonui Minimodder

I was working a lot with the windows UI at work a few years ago and quickly needed a new name for something or other and never really moved away from it.

I hate the name but I've never been any good with making them up and my real name (lee) is too short for anyone to ever bother giving me a nickname lol

6. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

Well my nickname when i was at shcool was gizmo as i worked as the sound a lights tech for most of the productions they did. needed something for BF2 gaming years ago and just added teh crazy and a couple of numbers :)

7. TSDAdam

TSDAdam Beard!

This one is easy - My name is Adam and I train in Tang Soo Do (TSD) - TSDAdam

In the past I was always Babs :S I started off playing online a long time ago on the old Heat.net servers (if anyone remembers them, I think they were part of Sega??) and was called Baboon at the time, when I joined a clan called Meat and Two Veg I was MTVxBaboon. Once I got with the program and started hanging out on IRC and playing on the BarrysWorld servers I was going to play as Baboon but there was already one playing for 4K (I think), so I kept the x and was xBaboon. I've kept that name for donkeys years, it's my gmail address and I still use it lots of places. Lazy people just called me Babs instead and it stuck.

True and very boring.

8. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Way way back in the olden days, before modems even, there were these simple computer games. Many of them, reflecting their arcade roots had these things called "top 10" lists. Of course, since they were single player, it was usually me all the time, but still...

I started signing them "Chris the Hippo" (Because I like hippos, and not just for dating :naughty: ) and so when I had to choose my first email address it got shortened to cthippo. Over the years it's become at least as much of an identity for me as my actual name.

Proper pronunciation is See Tea Hippo

9. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

It's the colour my car's painted.

10. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

Its the Ban Hammer, not the person behind it.... the legend lives on!! :p

For me: slightly (cough cough) obsessive about dragons, drakes and the like

Drake + Imagination = Draksis

:rock:

11. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

[​IMG]

Minor character from FFVIII, I thought the name had a certain ring to it..

Last edited: 9 Feb 2011
  12. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

I used to be a member of an Amiga group and produced some raytraced graphics. My original account on here was banned (kenco) because I set one up for work and one for home.

13. brave758

brave758 Minimodder

from army, much drinking involved don't remember much..........

14. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Nirach is something I came up with out of desperation way back in GCSE Design Tech, over seven years ago. I use it pretty much everywhere, and resent that Nirach Tanner bloke getting punched and forcing most people to ask if I copied his name.

Liratheal is something else made up, for a character from.. err.. Nine or ten years ago. Pretty much both are always available.

15. dactone

dactone dact-one

dact stands for dreams allways come true . the one after is because im the first to have such a name.

16. theevilelephant

theevilelephant Minimodder

Mine was the result of two 12 year olds trying to come up with an email address. After then it stuck and I've use it, or variations of it when it's already taken, since. In games I've always been either theevilelephant, Tee or Teevil. I'm quite happy with it and even if I wasn't the elephants won't let me change it.

17. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

Well, once upon a time I went under the name of Mercenary485 in Runescape.
    Then I needed GameSpy to play C&C: Renegade and it suggested EvilMercenary485.
    Then I realised I could use the much shorter handle of EvilMerc, basically no one else uses it so I can generally get it as just that on most sites/games.

18. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

NO WAY!! Thats what I did too!

:worried:

19. confusis

confusis Kiwi-modder

confusis
    CONFUsed
    psychoSIS
    Have been using this nickname for a decade now. w00t!

20. Kaiwan

Kaiwan Shinigami

Deathscytheo - Always a Gundam fan but Deathscythe is always taken.

From that comes the god of death, which is Shinigami

Kaiwan - A god in Assyrian mythology. He is associated with the planet Saturn.