1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding How do you get on side panel windows

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Stwongbad, 14 Jun 2006.

1. Stwongbad

Stwongbad What's a Dremel?

Im planning a mod right now including a window and some extra 120mm fan holes. Ive gotten most of the help I needed just by browsing the worklogs but one thing Im unsure about is how to attach a side panel most of the time the moment when its attach is skipped and it seems like im being left out of some big secret. :waah:

2. Sebbo

Sebbo What's a Dremel?

there's a few ways you can do it
    one is to use the rubber molding that you can get with some of the window kits, but your window can't have any sharp corners, and you need to measure out exactly the circumference of the window
    second is to use double-sided tape (the poor man's option). using double-sided tape means you can take it off easy later on
    another is to use screws or, as i'll be doing when i get around to mine, rivets
    or i guess you can even use silicon or epoxy

i assume you mean the plexi window when you say side panel

3. GuardianStorm

GuardianStorm Minimodder

i used silicon sealant to attachmy window, but you need to rough up the area you want to put the selant, or else it wont grip too well.

later i changed it and used some very small hex nuts to hold the panel in instead
    [​IMG]