1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant How hard is it to crack a wi-fi network these days?

Discussion in 'General' started by mrbungle, 30 Jul 2014.

1. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

backtrack has been replaced by kali-Linux, and it looks like a good set of tools is pre-loaded

2. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Because if it wants to access the internet he should pay for it, just like you do?!

3. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

Unlike water and electricity, you don't get anything until you get to the activation date.

I'd happily lend out my internet to neighbours who've just moved in for up to 2 months.

4. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

you can get pay as you go mobile broadband fairly quickly these days, tell him to do that

5. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwEjYL6Eoro

This is another approach for getting your password that is simply a phishing / man in the middle attack. Something like that could well work on me. As its not something I would expect.

6. Invictus.

Invictus. Minimodder

The cards you are thinking of its one's capable of packet injection and/or monitor mode. The latter is more for if the SSID broadcast has been turned off, so this won't protect you if someone is wanting to get in.

In relation to WPA2/PSK from the top of my head the PSK aspect has some known flaws so look to moving to the AES varient if you can.