1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other How I deactivate my account?

Discussion in 'General' started by Cookie Monster, 24 Mar 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Does a username count as personal info?
    Asking for a friend, honest injun I am..

2. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Good questions seeing as cookies's username and image are still here.

3. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

My understanding, though it's not my department: if you request deletion under GDPR, your account name will be edited to "Guest-NNNN". *However*, this does not affect quotes in others' posts.

Post content, though, is unaffected: if you wanted posts deleting too, you'd have to do so manually before requesting account deletion.

As for Cookie, his request came in pre-GDPR and before the new mechanism was in place - which is why his name is still intact.

mrlongbeard likes this.
  4. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Thanks.
    Not fussed about old cookie, I'm just getting my ducks in a row for another forum that Vertcalscope are killing.

5. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Names get changed to Guest-xxxxx. Any posts you need to delete yourself. You name also won’t vanish from quoted messages no matter how much you try to tell us we have to.

Last edited: 22 Jul 2018
  6. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

GDPR is such a pain in the backside. We had very minimal training at work about it and I'm still no closer to knowing it aswell as I feel I should.

7. Ice Tea

Ice Tea Minimodder

GeorgeK seems to have his own take on the GDPR rules of users deleting their own posts , even if it's useless outdated information that serves no purpose a user must be up to something nefarious with intent of deception rather than just removing irrelevant clutter. :rollingeyes:

8. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

I think George's view was that you were deleting previous bump posts to get around the thread bump rules, and the tone of his remark to you suggested it wasn't the first time either. Either way, waving the GDPR flag on this is a bit tenuous.

GeorgeK likes this.
  9. Ice Tea

Ice Tea Minimodder

https://www.avforums.com/threads/i3-8100-coffee-lake-processor.2179891/#post-26399046

All my posts on every forum are exactly the same to remove outdated information that is of no use to the buyer so the accusation of deleting posts so i can bump is complete ******** considering the Mods can see what is deleted.

The other time you refer too was out of ignorance of the 1 bump rule as others were doing it as explained then it was only done to keep the thread tidy and i was polite enough to apologize of my ignorance but to be accused of it a second time is just plainly ridiculous.

If every time you put your rubbish out would it be acceptable for the council to imagine things and accuse you of trying to hide something as if there imagination was a fact?

1 bump and two price drops were removed as they could no longer be used so only the relevant information was left for a buyer and the Mods can see this , The last price that was dropped from with a strike through , the current price and a post to inform users that there is a new price drop as they are not bloody telepathic.

Last edited: 30 Jul 2018
  10. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

It's nothing to do with GDPR, although if you'd like your account deleted then please feel free to ask.

With regards the markeplace rules they're mainly there for the buyers. Some may see it as being a little underhand to delete your bumps / price drops to try to circumvent the rules. It's just there's no need to delete price drops.

The_Crapman likes this.
  11. Ice Tea

Ice Tea Minimodder

You've just done it again and made a false accusation of trying to circumvent the rules.

No rules where circumvented , instead of price drop , bump , price drop it was de-cluttered to the last price drop exactly the same as i have it on all other for sale threads forums and as you can see the deletes it makes the accusation even more ridiculous as nothing has been removed as you can still see it ( as a MOD ) and only the information that the buyer can use is still left intact.

It's my thread and my posts and i'm formatting it to how i like it to keep it tidy, your just trying to impose your own personal preference under false accusations.

It makes no sense to try and hide anything or try to circumvent the rules as there is not enough users to try and take advantage of with free bumps and there isn't any fees to try and circumvent as it's free , you are truly making stuff up in your own head and imagining it to be true.

I've had 10 perfect years of buying and selling on this forum with complements from other users and your the only one that is imagining something underhand is going on.

Well as i said thanks to your BS there will be no more selling on here and i'll just buy from users so your imaginary problem of users being ripped off by removing out of date information has been solved.

Now i suggest you go and talk to the Admin about the GDPR rules and users having control over their posts , i could have understood it if i was engaged in a conversation that it could be regarded as information that it should be kept but wasn't as it was a empty thread on my own.

12. GeorgeK

Ok I think you can have a week off to cool down

The_Crapman likes this.
  13. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

14. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Well that all escalated.

Could someone point me in the direction of temporary ban rules please.

Jake123456 likes this.
  15. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

Nice to see fair and proportionate moderation, jeez no wonder this place is going downhill.

Mojo and Jake123456 like this.
  16. GeorgeK

Sorry if I've missed something here (genuinely) but as far as I can tell the following has happened

Member asked not to do something
    Member continues to do that thing
    Member asked again not to do that thing
    Member flies off the handle, deletes marketplace post, accuses moderator of breaking the law (is the GDPR a law?) and posts a post containing breaches of the terms of service

17. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Jeez! Why not just do as requested by a moderator and get on with it?

Far more important things to go getting uppity about, than an insignificant disagreement over forum rules.

18. B1GBUD

GDPR, is a regulation in EU Law, which makes it law. So rather than flying off the handle yourself and banning people, you should brush up on what is required. You (Bit-Tech) hold a lot of personal data, whether proportionate or not to your business and partners. Who is your DPO for example? have BT appointed one?

Jake123456 likes this.
  19. GeorgeK

You'd have to contact someone who is actually paid by BT for that information rather than someone who does it out of the goodness of their heart like I do (I wonder why I bother sometimes though I really do)

20. B1GBUD

I don't have to do anything... that's the kicker

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.