1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other How I deactivate my account?

Discussion in 'General' started by Cookie Monster, 24 Mar 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

Well yes - I don't know if there is one. I would hope that there was but I don't know if there is. I'm glad that you thought of me as some font-of-all-bit-tech-knowledge but I'm not. I do however know who to ask for your query - that would be staff. As for your reporting a post for rude language I will deal with that shortly once I'm not on mobile and once I've collected my daughter from nursery (yes we mods do have real lives)

2. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

Can't we all just love each other and forget about GDPR for five minutes.

The_Crapman, liratheal and Mister_Tad like this.
  3. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I kinda feel like this thread needs closing, and a few people need some chamomile tea or something. Or maybe a beer.

The_Crapman and Mister_Tad like this.
  4. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

Did you just actually just publicise the fact that I reported a post for rude language?

Wow, you've just sunk to a whole new lower level than I thought could be humanly possible.

5. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

Please could you explain why it's inappropriate to mention that you've reported a post? Just for the avoidance of any doubt. Ta.

6. Brooxy

Brooxy Like a boss (but not a boss)

I'd presume this is down to some prison mentatlity of 'nobody likes a snitch'.

Either way, things are getting a little close to boiling point I think - @B1GBUD & @GeorgeK - How about you both take a deep breath and chillax :D

Jake123456 likes this.
  7. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Super Moderator Super Moderator

Closing - this thread has reached a natural (unnatural) conclusion. Details regarding the process for removal of an account popped into the OP. I'll create a sticky in GD with this info as well.

I'd suggest everyone go away and find their own special way to relieve tension.

8. MLyons

MLyons Half dev, Half doge. Staff Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Privacy Policy: https://www.themediateam.net/privacy/
    "To request access to or rectification, portability or erasure of your personal data, or to delete you’re account then please contact us at privacy@themediateam.net."
    No idea why a moderation issue in the marketplace was brought into this thread. Got a question about deleting your account? Post it here. Annoyed by a moderators action? Make a new thread or contact us using the link at the bottom of the page.

@B1GBUD Mods don't have a specific GDPR policy. They were told to refer people to the link at the start of this post.

[​IMG]

9. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

Wow - I really didn't think that would cause any offence. I was merely saying that I would deal with it once I was home (which I am now). I didn't want you to think that I was posting in this thread and ignoring your report. I actually was going to give 'fair and proportionate' a try... That went well...

Dealt with now anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.