1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware How I Got My Job at Nvidia

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 11 Jun 2010.

1. mrbens

mrbens New Member

haha :nono:

2. knuck

knuck Hate your face

Good interview :)

When I finish Uni, if ever nVidia is interested in my services I don't think I would hesitate a second to move to California :D

That's a pretty big if however

3. fev

fev Industry Fallout

would anyone want to hear about the day in a life of a Games buyer?

.....thought not :p

4. jake9891

jake9891 Loves Internet Shopping

This article really got me motivated into getting to know more about Computer Networks (which is my degree), and not just sticking to the basics we do at uni. I used to be more interested about these things and somehow I lost that interest. This article reminded me about what I really want to do and what I enjoy to do. Thx to Lars and to bit-tech.net for the interview and article :)

5. Sheiken

Sheiken Wat?

I really like these kind of articles as they provide a window into something I normally wouldnt get an opportunity to see or experience.
    And Lars seems like a hard working and dedicated person, he must be a good employee and asset to nvidia!

6. knuck

knuck Hate your face

They also show that it's actually possible to get a job at a cool company. To be honest I always felt like it was impossible for me to work somewhere awesome. That was until I realized one of my college friend got a job as an IT at Ubisoft Montreal and that another friend was also working at Ubisoft as a designer, until he moved to Eidos to work on the textures of Deus Ex 3. I mean, HOW COOL IS THAT ! i WANT TO DO THAT TOO !

7. Krayzie_B.o.n.e.

Krayzie_B.o.n.e. New Member

8. Sheiken

Sheiken Wat?

And Lars just proved that is possible to achieve all of this, by wrenching on bikes and fragging in BF2.
    Well what am I waiting for?!

9. Xir

Xir Well-Known Member

An amazing lot of Mirror's Edge posters around that facility. Beeing the smash hit that it was.
    Have you ever worked in Cubicles? A reason to reject a job, I tell you.
    Yes, thank you for killing the Engineer title and replacing it with a BoE or a MoE that asians* that cannot button their shirts the right way manage to receive at 21.

Xir

*just an example, I'm sure there's a lot of Dutchmen too stupid to button their shirts...but they don't get a BoE too easily over here ;-)

10. south side sammy

south side sammy Member

"I’m a gamer myself, so I’ll sometimes stop in the middle of a 2am gaming session (currently I’m playing a lot of Modern Warfare 2) and file bugs, enhancement requests, or shoot off an email to someone in the company, asking, ‘Is this an issue we know about?"..... Like the AT4 not being worth a crap ? Think they'll fix that bug in the next 24 month's ? Has to be the most obvious flaw with all the weapons.

And I had/have trouble with another EA game... NFS Shift.... got an e-mail back saying sorry, we don't play the games. Did you try the forums ? Spare me....

11. Lars

Lars New Member

Not sure what you're trying to say with this.. so I can't really reply.

I'm referring to NVIDIA driver bugs. Game bugs are usually found by the developer/publisher QA.

12. TWeaK

TWeaK Member

Great article. I'm at the start of an electronic engineering degree but completely torn with what to do with it further down the line. I got into it because of a passion for computer hardware, but then the TTXGP at the Isle of Man (electric bike racing) last year got me thinking about other stuff. I seem to throw myself back and forth between those two, but it's good to hear a story like this of someone making it where they want. I'll make sure to network with as many people as I can to get the best chance of going where I want to go, wherever that turns out to be.

Thanks Lars, and I hope you continue to enjoy it at Nvidia!

Tags: Add Tags