1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling How to best cool my video card cool without getting water cooling?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by InFr@Red, 8 Mar 2005.

1. InFr@Red

InFr@Red What's a Dremel?

whats the best thing to keep my video card cool with out getting water cooling

Last edited by a moderator: 12 Mar 2005
  2. Fibbles

Fibbles What's a Dremel?

Type 'video card cool' in Google.

3. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

(that was almost helpful, puggy...perhaps he's actually soliciting an opinion since often net-reviews are glorified sales ads?)...

Aside from watercooling, the Zalman solutions seem to be the most popular. Take a look at what they have to offer, many people swear by them.

4. Murdoc

Murdoc Gas Mask..ZOMG

Few tips:

• Use a thread title related to the thread, "hi" doesn't cut it.
    • As said above do some research ;)
    • Tell us what graphics card you have.

http://www.arctic-cooling.com/ are the dominating force in fan card cooling at the moment.

'doc

5. fivecheebs

fivecheebs Dont panic!

Im sure he can be forgiven! I can get frustrating spoon feeding people who are perfectly capable of feeding themselves.

6. Fibbles

Fibbles What's a Dremel?

Pretty much. He doesn't give ANY info! So if I reccomended the NV silencer and he has an ATI card, I just made him buy something useless, OH NO!!!

All kidding aside, there's the 'search' function. This question has been asked a thousand times, like Murdoc said...

Perhaps if he had stated 'Hi [insert message here], my [insert video card here] is [insert problem(s) here], I'd have been a lot more helpful, but w/out that info, do I need to spoon feed him? I shouldn't @$$ume that he has a more recent card, this could be about a Diamond Viper V770 and a pair of Canopus Voodoo 2's for all I know. If it were, modern solutions aren't gonna worky :waah:

7. smoguzbenjamin

smoguzbenjamin "That guy"

The guy obviously doesn't know, which isn't a bad thing and you were also a n00b at one point so stop mocking him. InFr@Red, what we need to know to give you an advice is what videocard you have, and why you need a cooler for it.

8. Fibbles

Fibbles What's a Dremel?

I am mocking no one, just offering a way to better formulate the question for next time. How do you 'not know' with 77 posts? With 1 - 5 maybe, but 77 :rolleyes:

9. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

I understand (and marginally agree with) your point, puggy, but let's all remember our purpose here is not to flame a question. If you are frustrated enough that you can't offer an opinion that provides assistance of some merit, perhaps you could skip the reply button and politely click 'next thread.' :idea: Or, if you need more info, you could say "Hey, what card do you have? Would help prevent us from recommending something useless like an NV silencer for your new x800!!" :thumb: Murdoc's post managed to say the same thing and still provided something helpful.

10. Fibbles

Fibbles What's a Dremel?

And that's what I'll do next time :thumb:

11. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

Now, after we've sidetracked this thread... :)

I wonder if he's going to come back and respond to the questions asked?

12. fivecheebs

fivecheebs Dont panic!

lol, doesnt look likely does it :hehe:

13. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

No it doesn't... but I changed the title of the thread so it is more likely to attract the attention of people who might have something to say on the topic. InFr@ReD elevates obtuseness to an artform...

14. Sclodion

Sclodion What's a Dremel?

I'd go with the previous recommendation of an artic cooler, providing you can accomodate the additional slot space needed (Lose the slot adjascent to the GFX card).

They are cheap, very quiet and offer fantastic cooling. I had one on my NV45 prior to going for water cooling and it was great, infact it actually kept the card a few degrees cooler when idling than the water does.
    Also fitted one to my brothers 9800 pro, also excellent.

All models have either manual speed selection or voltage controlled and no matter how much overclocking I did to the card, the fan has never had to kick into full speed.

Short of the totally passive solution from Zalman, these are the best & quietest coolers on the market IMO, echoed by certain OEM GFX card providers fitting them as standard.

Tags: