1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Features How To Design a Water-Cooling Distro Plate

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 26 Sep 2018.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Sweet tutorial. :D -You should probably tell viewers to search for the O-ring spec literature on their own.
    On the Fusion banner it says, "free for students for 4 years." -That's why I never tried it. :lol: I'd get maybe 2 sessions and it would time out during the 2nd.

3. Altyn10000

Altyn10000 What's a Dremel?

Good tutorial. Eagerly wait next part about preparing CAM files and how to mount parts on the CNC table.

4. MP_7

MP_7 What's a Dremel?

Hello,

could I get some more information and detail how to make the mirrored distro plate? It's absolutely fantastic, I would like to put one like that in the front of my case.
    Btw do you take custom orders perhaps? :happy:

5. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

It is a combination of two panels glued together:

"To achieve this I machined an acrylic mirror alongside a thicker 10mm section; these were then chemically bonded together to create a tight seal, as opposed to screws and o-rings like the other panels. This gives the panel a clean finish with no visible fasteners."

If you need more info, hit up @Maki role

MP_7 likes this.
  6. MP_7

MP_7 What's a Dremel?

Hey bud, wow thx for replying so fast.
    Yeah I've read that but still I don't understand how he "machined an acrylic mirror", you just take a simple transparent piece of acrylic and then with different polishing methods you achieve a mirror finish?
    And the 10mm section is simple transparent acrylic or something else?
    Also, the exact type of chemical is definitely needed yes, imagine my parts splitting apart :)
    I'll contact Maki then!
    Thank you.

EDIT:
    I'm trying to send a message to Maki but I constantly get an error "An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later."

Last edited: 23 Aug 2019
  7. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

No, you literally buy silvered acrylic. The machining refers to shaping it, not making it a mirror; it's already a mirror.
    As a new member, you won't be able to use the private messaging function until your post count is up. Not sure to what level, mind you.

MP_7 likes this.
  8. MP_7

MP_7 What's a Dremel?

Aah that's awesome then, grrreat! Thx for the link, hopefully should find something in my country, if not gonna order from your link. Thanks a bunch mate!

Tags: Add Tags