1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Notebooks How to Dismantle a Medion Sim2000

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by monkeyville, 28 Feb 2007.

1. monkeyville

monkeyville Evilish Monkey ++;

Hey all,

After breaking my laptop fan and heat pipe assembly i looked around on the internet and couldn't find any details anywhere how to dismantle it apart from a small paragraph in a forum. Either way i had no idea how to do it and medion support simply refers you to a authorised dealer. Great use that was. Basically i want to write a small guide with some pics so that the next person wont have quite so much of a hard time as me. Its gone on Bit-tech so it actually gets found by a search engine!

Anyway pictures say a thousand words and i would have liked to have something to give me a hint when i was doing it so here goes.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    These two pictures show the back of the laptop with the battery removed. The circles show the screws you need to remove for the various sections. Green is Memory and keyboard where as blue is cd-rom bay. Red is the arm rest and trackpad removal which allows access to the Mini-PCI slot and the hard drive as well as the processor. You will need to remove green to start on red though.

Basically remove the battery and then undo green screw. Push upwards on the plastic held on by the 3 catches in the battery bay and it should pop out allowing you to remove the keybaord. Remove the keyboard making sure your careful with the ribbon cable and socket ( i snapped mine which took ages to sort out and is a bit of a botch job).

[​IMG]
    Here you have access to the innards of the machine and removing the one screw to the left of the fan allows you access to the memory. If your taking the wrist section off then you need to ensure all screws are undone and then it is held on by a series of catches similar to the ones that you had to pop to get the power button off at the start. You also have to undo the right hand side of plastic surround before you can remove the wrist guard. I managed to break 2 of my catches coz i had no idea how it was held on but with a bit of prising you can avoid damage. The rest is pretty self explanatory and you probably shouldn't be undoing a laptop if you couldn't try this without a manual.

This is a pretty poor guide i know but i will happily answer any queries should you need an answer. Plus if i had some pictures it would have been a lot simpler so that was my main task.