1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming How to Enable AA in Dead Space 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Claave, 4 Feb 2011.

1. Doctor Hades

Doctor Hades Dreamer

You can have AA *and* High/Very High shadows with NVIDIA cards by using the compatibility flag 0x00411245 or 0x00401045. The compromise is that the AA isn't quite as effective as with 0x004030C0 but, MHO, that is more than made up for by the fact that you can use full quality shadows. Besides it still looks great.

Check this thread out here: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=338478

GravitySmacked likes this.
  2. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

Cool, cheers for the heads up.

3. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

I've had a go with this and I've found that the 0x00411245 flag causes a weird 'delaying' effect from time to time on shadows. Not to mention that the performance hit is absolutely fracking massive!

I'd give the other flag a go but I've completed the game now!

4. Doctor Hades

Doctor Hades Dreamer

@Pete J - I'm using the 0x00401045 flag with Dead Space 2 at 1920x1200 with 8QxAA forced. I'm getting 60 fps constantly with v-sync disabled in-game and forced through the control panel (otherwise it is locked at 30 fps). I've not noticed any problems with shadows though. I'm using a GTX 580 graphics card.

5. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

my 2c:

im playin 1680x1050 on 22.5" monitor on 8800GTS 640 with 3.6Ghz Q6600. all settings max in-game.

i barely - barely, not completely oblivious to - notice the jaggies. with other games, maybe, but with this game, its fast pace enough and put me on the edge enough that i care more about when the next necro gonna jump on me than the jaggies.

i do, however, completely notice the lack of shadow quality when i turn it from very high to medium....

so, whatever float ur boat, but for me, shadow is more immersive than some jaggies that i have to pause and zoom in to notice.

here's wishing high quality shadows with AA, coz that'll be freaky!! :)

am i really the only one that experience it that way? awesome game btw...

Tags: Add Tags