1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Storage How to Get a FREE (sort of) Hard Drive and Other Small Parts.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by The_Crapman, 26 Jan 2012.

1. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

These are retards trying to read the data entered onto the hdd by the skybox. The reason it 'only cost £50' is that it is still sky's property. If you decide to end your contract with them, they can request the box back from you, or bill you for the cost of the box. This is happening a lot more now than it used to as well. They also pay a hell of a lot less for the hard drives than you or I will from a retailer. They're low speed models which you wouldn't find on scan or overclockers.

You can use them in a PC. I've done it with nothing more than a normal formatting and others have done it too.

2. IamJudd

IamJudd Multimodder

Necro thread revival but I was going through some rep and re-read this... The last statement is no longer entirely true. With Sky, you own the equipment from the get go which is why they try to flog you the extended warranty service from about six months in.

Virgin boxes have to be returned for a refund although I have accidentally forgotten to do that in the past!

3. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

You don't pay for Virgin boxes so you don't get a refund for them when you cancel.

The cost you pay to Virgin is for the installation of the boxes not to buy it, as if the box fails you get it swapped for FREE for as long as you subscribe to Virgin.