1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Portable How to get Flash on a Nexus 10?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by MSHunter, 1 Sep 2013.

1. MSHunter

MSHunter Minimodder

Why, what the (*&&#^$^@!!!! Android has removed flash support. Which was one of the main reasons for getting an android tablet over an iPad.

Calling in all android freaks, there is always a way! Can some one point me to a guide on how to get Flash to run on my tablet and not some random browser with build in flash support. I am looking for flash with hardware acceleration.

Thanks guys :)

2. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

This might work, but I know when I did something similar on my old Nexus 7 Flash wouldn't work in anything but Firefox.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gunFYgj-au8

It is annoying that they have gotten rid of it though as, as you say it was one of the things that helped people to choose Android over IOS.

**Edit**

Just done it on my Samsung Galaxy S4 and it works.

1080p youtube videos in firefox :thumb:

Last edited: 1 Sep 2013
  3. qualalol

qualalol What's a Dremel?

You do realise it was Adobe's decision to not support flash anymore?

In any case you can probably still install it manually using, one guide is here, might not be entirely stable though etc.

4. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

My Surface RT has Flash on it. :D

5. MSHunter

MSHunter Minimodder

ty for the guide.

I take it you are not aware that Youtube is one of the few supporters of HTML5 and Youtube videos are supposed to work without flash. :geek:

6. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Once the BBC finally ditch Flash I'll be happy never to see it again. It was never designed for videos in the first place.

7. MSHunter

MSHunter Minimodder

Try to book tickets without flash support. Sadly HTLM 5 is not quite the standard yet.

8. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

I just did a quick google and found it, thought I would share and give it a try and it worked.

I have tried youtube with firefox on my S4 and it always ask's for flash to be installed :hehe:

9. MSHunter

MSHunter Minimodder

Like I said thank you for the guide :) Seems that firefox is failing to re-direct you correctly to the HTLM 5 version of you tube.

try: www.youtube.com/mobile‎

I am not sure which version of the link is correct. youtube did the switch for iphone & ipad users.

10. Buzzons

Buzzons Minimodder

Why would you use firefox on an android device?

m.youtube.com should also work - or use the youTube app that'll be on your phone.

11. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

12. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

It's something of a moot point for me who removed it. I still want it.

I don't really like flash, but I really don't get not wanting a browser that supports it when there are no technical reasons why it can't. Like it or not quite a bit of the web still uses flash, and not just old obscure sites (BBC is a good example, but there are many others).

In my opinion a browser should be tool to view the web as it is now, not a tool to encourage the uptake of standards.

On Android flash can be set to be used on demand (tap to load), so it doesn't even display content unless you specifically want it to. Why would anyone not want that? It boggles my mind :lol:

13. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Adobe decided to no longer support Flash on Android devices. Adobe took this decision, as it had difficulty to support all Android devices. The specs are all over the place, and Adobe could not support it. Because of this, instead of using an older version of Flash to at least get something, Google decided to pull it out.

Right now, the only device that you can get Flash is:
    - Windows RT powered tablet
    - Windows 8 powered tablet/laptop/desktop

So for the full web experience on a tablet, you have to get a Windows tablet device. Not an Android.

14. MSHunter

MSHunter Minimodder

Why does every one talk about who removed it? or that it works on a device I do not own?
    Thank you to the few people who sent link on how to get it work on the device I actually own.

To the rest ??!!?? in what Universe is that considered helpful?

15. MSHunter

MSHunter Minimodder

TBH I think having to work on a Sunday with construction going on downstairs has me on a short fuse. ;(

16. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

or a BB10 blackberry device

GoodBytes likes this.
  17. GoodBytes

That's cool! I didn't know that. +rep

18. Buzzons

Buzzons Minimodder

MSHunter - if you use Chrome on your android device most things will default to the html5 version... it's just the terrible android firefox browser that mucks this up.

19. MSHunter

MSHunter Minimodder

Decided to return my nexus 10. No point if it doesn't support flash. I will wait till after X-mass to see if there is anything good that supports flash might go for a windows tablet.

20. GoodBytes

Well you have the Surface 2 and Surface Pro 2, which will probably be announced at or soon after Windows 8.1. (Assuming no changes in that department for the Surface (Surface Pro, that we know.. it runs a full Windows)).