1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows How to import .db files into Palm Desktop

Discussion in 'Software' started by noizdaemon666, 21 Oct 2011.

1. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

As per title really. At work we reinstalled Windows for a customer. They then told us that they needed their Palm contacts backing up. I've managed to find what I think is a backup from her Palm PDA, but it's in the wrong format for the desktop software to understand. File type is .DB but the software will only import contacts from csv, aba and some other ones

So far none of us have figured out how to do it short of manually putting them all back. (There's 93 contacts so I'd rather not lol)

2. tehBoris

tehBoris What's a Dremel?

Look at the binary file and see if any thing screems "I'm an SQLite database" or "I'm a binary blob you don't stand a chance of been able to read effectively".

3. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

Most of it is unreadable uselessness, the contacts though are readable. I think the easiest option is going to be for me to remove everything apart from the contacts and then create a csv file out of them. I hate Palm so much :grr:

Tags: