1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals How to Lightscribe a DVD disk in a blu-ray drive...?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by neil_b, 14 Sep 2011.

1. neil_b

neil_b Minimodder

I have the LG BH10LS30 AUAR10B blu ray drive, and decided I'd like to have a crack at "lightscribing" some DVD's to give away. Sooooo.....some questions;

1) Can I burn an "ordinairy" DVD (assuming it has the right lightscribe coating!) in the blu-ray drive?

2) I saw that Lightscribe themselves distribute software to carry out the scrbing process; does anyone know if it's any good or is that something better out there?

3) Anyone does this and have any useful tips to pass on???

Thanks!

2. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to Lightscribe a normal DVD. It has the technology so it should work.

Lightscribe, in my opinion is a waste of time. It's just an etching, so black and white, possibly on a coloured disc.

Edit: oops, you asked about the software not the process. Not sure, as you can probably tell from my above sentence, I'm not that into Lightscribe lol

3. saspro

saspro IT monkey

1) Yes
    2) It's all pretty pants so doesn't matter what you use
    3) Forget Lightscribe & buy a printer with a CD tray. THen just use cheap printable disks (a hell of a lot cheaper than lightscribe disks)