1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware How to Overclock the Intel Core i5-2500K

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Claave, 7 Jan 2011.

1. dagreed

dagreed What's a Dremel?

+1 , can we have proper screenshot and more information regarding the CPU multiplier ?
    The P8P67 overclock is the less detailled one ... it's more like explaining the features than an How to overclock.

Thanks anyway, good stuff (but need mooarrr)

2. dagreed

dagreed What's a Dremel?

+1 need more information regarding the CPU multiplier and please can we get proper screenshots.
    Thanks for the good stuff

3. chelseascum

chelseascum Vanila's my favourite flavour

Is this guide also good for using 8Gb of RAM? Previous guides I've seen like this are always for either 4Gb (i5 760 etc) or 6Gb (i7 930 etc).

4. Tris

Tris What's a Dremel?

Great guide, and perfectly timed. Just got the P8P67 + 2500k bundle from overclockers. :)

5. Tl2IGG3l2

Tl2IGG3l2 What's a Dremel?

Hey guys,

I have a problem with the gigabyte OC. I tried and changed everything you guys showed on the forums, but every time I reboot my system stays at a damn 3.3 ghz. I've gone over it about 6 times now and everything is in order compared to yours... If I could get some help I'd appreciate it, I'm a newbie to OC'ing but I'm not computer impaired. My system specs are:

Mobo: Gigabyte P64A-UD7
    Ram: Patriot Viper Extreme DDR3 1600mhz 8gb
    Gpu: Gigabyte Gtx 470 SOC
    Cpu: i5 2500k
    HDD: Samsung Spinpoint 7200rpm
    PSU: Corsair Tx 750W

Thanks for the help in advance guys!

6. JD_LincsUK

JD_LincsUK Dad's ArmA

Just bought the combo Asus P8P67 Pro & i5 2500K.

Overclockers are selling the OEM cpu's so I saved a bit there.

With the AI Suite auto-overclock set to 'fast' and the Freezer Pro fan I got 4.326GHz at max 70° under maximum load.
    Not bad for very first attempt and I am going to leave it there.
    The thing about the SATA 3GB/s ports bothers me not a jot, as there are 4 6GB/s ports that are plenty for me : )

JD

7. JD_LincsUK

JD_LincsUK Dad's ArmA

Forgot to mention - thanks for the article, which decided the i5 or i7 quandry for me.

The Asus P8P67 badly needs a BIOS update, though - look at the Overclockers.net forum for a very extensive discussion with loads of links to the latest BIOS (currently 1305)and drivers - it's a goldmine.
    Current BIOS (1003) shipping with the boards will only give you problems, and it's very easy to update through the BIOS EZ Flash utility.

JD

8. lizoron

lizoron What's a Dremel?

I dont know if anyone would reply to something this old but when i try to overclock my machine like it says here for the msi mobo, it doesnt want to load windows. it just gets stuck with the flashing _. i set everything the way it says.anyone else have any issues?

9. YEHBABY

YEHBABY RIP Tel

I have an msi p67 board. I would say ignore what said as some of the settings quoted are far too high. I found it best to set everything to default and then ONLY increase your CPU voltage for your overclock. Also don't go above 1.4 volts unless you have good cooling.

If your still looking for guidance to read, I found this guidance for overclocking MSI board on HARDOCP a good read http://www.hardocp.com/article/2011/01/03/msi_p67agd65_lga1155_chipset_motherboard_review/1

Last edited: 8 Sep 2011
  10. BradShort

BradShort Familyman - Fraggin when allowed :P

Just want to say thanks for the tutrial, 4.5Ghz easy on my Giga P67A . . just in time for BF3

11. centy

centy DFI Nutter

Same here bradshot. 4.5Ghz on MSI P67A GD53 (B3) using the above settings, however I will try what YEHBABY has said above and lower some voltages if possible :)

12. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

Good guide but why is System Agent voltage aka VCCSA up so high? My understanding is that it does nothing to aid overclocking stability and as it controls many important functions it should be kept within Intel specs!?

13. artylarry

artylarry What's a Dremel?

hey, not having much luck so far, confused a little about guide as it seems like a glossary more than oc guide.
    not sure what to change...
    anyway, would anybody have any thoughts on using an artic freezer 7 rev 2 as a 'capable' cooler for 4.5gb with 2500k.
    thanks

14. balkis

balkis What's a Dremel?

Hi, how do I turn off the turbo boost? Where exactly in the BIOS?
    GIGABYTE P67A-D3-B3 / i5-2500K

Tags: Add Tags