1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 How To Stop Xbox live account for a month

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Mongoose132, 25 Feb 2008.

1. Mongoose132

Mongoose132 Duckmad

I would like to know how to stop paying for xbox live, as it goes to my parents credit card once a month for £4.99, and i shall be away for 2 months soon and they aren't to keen on the idea of paying for it when i'm not there :D
    can i choose an option to make it stop automatically charging their card? like i choose when i want to pay? if not then i'll have to pay for those months :blah:

2. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

First,cancel the direct charge to the credit card.

Then when you get back buy a pre-paid 12 month card for £35-£40 and save a bundle.

3. Mongoose132

Mongoose132 Duckmad

erm....stupid question :blush: but sey, if someone didn't know how to do that? is it somthing my parents do or me on the 360, because i've had a look around the payment options and account management and a am not sure how to do that :duh::sigh:

Thanks in advance (hopefully) :naughty:

4. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Ring the support (but get your parents to do it and be prepared for a battle)

5. Mongoose132

Mongoose132 Duckmad

typical :rolleyes:
    Thanks for the help, i'll get them to give Ms a ring later

6. Renze

Renze What's a Dremel?

Make sure your prepared to wait on hold for ages and like speaking to people in Asian call centres, that is if you get connected at all. I cancelled my gold subscription a while ago, but had to go through so much hassle as whenever I phoned on XBL support I got put on hold for longer than I cared to wait several times, and finally got connected to someone I could barely understand.
    Left several complaints too about them not having a function to cancel subscriptions through XBL or their website, doubt they'll give them any notice tho.

DougEdey's spot on about the 12-month pre-paid card tho, it'll save you a bundle instead of paying the £5 each month and you don't have to worry about using your rents card then either.

7. benjamyn

benjamyn What's a Dremel?

i bought a 13 month code for £28 the other day on ebay

8. Mongoose132

Mongoose132 Duckmad

alright, i've cancelled the charge to my parents card (turns out it expired last friday) so when i rang them they said they would do it straight away, guess when they cant take money off me they're happy to be rid of me! :D

Bought an unused 12 month card of a mate, only £25, Bargain!

Tags: