1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding How to take better photographs of your Mod

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 15 Feb 2010.

1. voigts

voigts What's a Dremel?

2. SNiiPE_DoGG

SNiiPE_DoGG Engineering The Extreme

I'm glad I finally saw this article!

I know many have gone through my flow worklog and already have seen this post I am quoting but I think its pertinent to this topic :D

This is not the full case shooting setup but rather the worklog parts photography set.

The Final shots of flow were taken on a set so large I literally could not take a picture where you could see all of it. It was composed of 8 elichrom strobes, a 14 foot professional background and a 15 foot wraparound formica reflection shield.

Just know guys that practice makes perfect and dont get discouraged if your photos dont come up to the level of some of the stuff you see on worklogs. It takes a lot of patience and extra time away from working on your mod to devote to making the entire work log a quality photo shoot experience.

Personally I have apprenticed under my father (a professional photographer by trade) for over 10 years. When I am at home shooting these worklogs I have well over $40,000 worth of photo equipment at my disposal along with a very large room to set up in. Lastly, my dad helps me a great deal in the large set final shots which I still don't have the personal knowledge to set up in such a spectacular fashion as he does it.

Tags: Add Tags