1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics how to use a 230V recharger in the US?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by l'edo, 22 Aug 2004.

1. l'edo

l'edo What's a Dremel?

hi guys!
    I'm going to the US for an exchange year and my dad just gave me digital camera to take along.. it's just the cam is using a accumulator.. it says
    "Li-ion BATTERY PACK".. 3.7V 820mAh. KONICA DR-LB4

and the battery recharge is only for 230V like we got it here in europe..

Do you think i could find a recharger for this special accu for 110V in the US?
    or would it be easier to by a transformer and take the old recharger?
    where could I get such a transformator in america?.. or more precisely in Cincinnati?

would be nice if you could answer soon.. i'm leaving in 31h 7min :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

greetz, daniel

ps: gonna pack my bags now.. making everything fit in there :dremel:

2. kbn

kbn What's a Dremel?

Lots of places sell step-up inverters, which is what you need if you were to use the old charger.
    I think this is maybe the best way as then you can use it for other stuff you might have...

However there are plenty of chargers for li-ion, 3.7v is the standard for that kind of battery (usually). You can get chargers from a lot of places, and you can use chargers from just about any 3.7v li-ion battery charger.. I think

I dont know the details of how li-ion is charged, but iirc it is done at 4.2v and the current just depends on how long you want it to take... however li-ion I think gets damaged if not changed properly, so you will have to check that if going the DIY route.

3. Lynx

Lynx What's a Dremel?

Li-Ion batteries usually have a charger chip inside them to make sure they are charged correctly. They dont just get damaged when you inccorrectly charge them they have a tendency to explode

4. l'edo

l'edo What's a Dremel?

the li-ion battery has 3 poles... ground, + and -...

the charger that came with it automaticly stops charging when it's done..

i think i will buy an inverter.. do i get them at an DIY-superstore or at a property market?
    and how mutch will it be?