1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming How to write...a Strategy game

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by The_Pope, 9 Jan 2008.

1. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

im stunned that joe is stunned on a geekiness matter

2. Dreaming

Dreaming What's a Dremel?

Why do I remember Dune II as "Dune II: Battle For Arrakis", not "Dune II: Building a Dynasty"?

Or was that the first Dune game? Have to say, the first was truly epic, must have played it about 10 times to completion. Why there aren't any other games in the role-playing-adventure-strategy game I don't know...

3. CommanderAce

CommanderAce What's a Dremel?

Dune II: Battle For Arrakis was the Mega Drive port, which in my opinion was better.

4. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Personally, of all the Dune games, I favour the first RPG/RTS blend. My Dad would play that on our Amiga and my brother and me would be allowed up late sometimes to play it with him. I got far more into it than my brother and would keep lists of all the different Sietch names and maps for my Dad, whooping for joy when we found characters from the book. My Dad played it for about a month and never won. Years later I bought it for PC and quickly found that the key was to rush through the game so you gathered troops before the Emperor started demanding too much of a tribute. I beat the whole game in an hour and sent him an email of the YOU WIN screen, but he didn't even remember the game. :(

Tags: Add Tags