1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other How's your saturday?

Discussion in 'General' started by Jipa, 15 Aug 2009.

1. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

It's 23:07 here (or 11:07 PM for you people that use the wrong kind of clock) and I can't help wondering how people spend their saturdays. So please, tell me! Are you heading out, gonna see a movie, and why on earth are you still on the internets?

And Yes, I'm bored. Bored to death actually, as I've got the damn flu for a week now, and I'm getting pretty fed up with it. :sigh:

2. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

Agreed on the clock thing ;)

I am sitting on my couch with a friend watching that film with Will Smith where he is the love consultant :).. And eating ice cream ofcourse. I was out partying yesterday for 12 hours straight, so no more energy left in me ;)

3. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Currently watching the cricket (Twenty20 finals day). I usually go but I couldn't this year because of work/uni commitments :(

4. MaverickWill

MaverickWill Dirty CPC Mackem

I have a broken 30W guitar amplifier - I say broken, more wonky. The sound cuts out every so often. So, I'm testing the amp through a 100W speaker, and the 35W speaker with a 15W amp. So far, I can't eliminate either component as a problem. The amp head works with the different speaker, and the amp speaker works with the different head. It's bloody annoying, it is.

5. Jipa

Picarro: so.. umm.. which movie is that, to be precise? I mean I give kudos to Will Smith for being pretty much the most profitable actor in Hollywood ATM and for being not half bad (Seven pounds for starters) but I don't recall seeing that one.

smc8788: damnit you! I tried to watch cricket while in Australia, but DAMN is that boring. AFL was OK.

MaverickWill: Good luck! That's pretty much it :D Discrete hifi-speakers and amps have the upside of being pretty obvious on which component is broken :)

6. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

It is called Hitch.. And it is not half bad. I recognise some of the problems he faces with girls atleast ;)

7. Jipa

6 views, 5 responses! Surely that has to be a record of some sort!

And I think I'll have to see the movie... I've been on a mission to see the "legendary" movies i.e. the IMDB top 250 list. The list is shait as some of the movies are just damn obsolete and some have only 10k votes, but I've concentrated on the ones that are made after the 80's (sometimes 70's), and recently I finally watched Schindler's List, and it was good indeed.

Btw now that I have an active thread, what do you reckon of the shot I took earlier today:
    [​IMG]

The bottom-left corner looks terrible, and I have no idea when that got so messed up, but other than that I'm pretty pleased.

8. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Been boring and lazy all day. Played a bit of Vampire - The Masquerade, Bloodlines, went to Lidl to buy lots of orange juice. Eated my din dins.

Now I'm gonna do what all good Scottish people do when they're bored on a Saturday evening. Lie down on my couch, read a cynical book, and drink whisky.

9. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Well it's only 17:00 here, but I am spending my week-end programming and testing my software, Nv GPU Pro.

10. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

I watched Season Two of Battlestar Galactica ALL DAY, pausing only to nip out to get some money from the bank across the road and buy and cook a pizza. Oh, and watch an old episode of House with the missus.

But, yeah, about three discs worth of BSG.

Tomorrow: Season 3.

11. MaverickWill

You missed the part about the heart attacks, headbutting someone, Irn Bru, oh, and DESTROYING THE COUNTRY'S ECONOMY. *is NOT going to vote Labour any time soon*

I just don't get it. I'm gonna guess static might be building up somewhere, but where? The only thing I've changed is clipping the wires off the speaker, so both parts could be tested separately. Unless the solder joints were terrible... I have no idea! :miffed:

12. DaveVader

DaveVader Fast Action Response Team

This!

Came down with the flu badly on Thursday, been getting over it but still can't eat anything. Standing up is easier but I still start to feel nauseous, there's nothing on TV and playing games also makes me nauseous. I'm not tired, my joints and muscles ache and it really is getting me down. I'm usually quite healthy in the grand scheme of things so something like this has really knocked me out.

On top of it all, the girl I was seeing has told me she has feelings for someone else so it's still in limbo at the moment as to whether we are going to carry on or, as per what usually happens, I will end up in second place.

This is the first Saturday night since the end of exams that I haven't spent with mates and drink. Sorry to bring the mood down guys but it's all building up on the mind!

13. MaverickWill

I'll come over. There'll be guitars, and beer, and takeaway, and Lemsip, and if the mood's especially right (and I've got my biohazard suit on), you may even get a hug from me. Better? :)

Will

14. Jipa

DaveVader: welcome to the club of girls that just aren't there :) And you fail to bring atleast my mood down as that's pretty much where I'm standing, anyway. Atleast I now have internets, I already ran out of movies and series that I hadn't seen.

Maverick: My point exactly. The "WTF"-factor is always there when you go messing with amplifiers ;)

15. thefriscokid

thefriscokid why s**t so crazy?

• did a bit of overclocking (q6600 @ 2.7Ghz)
    • watch a few blu-rays
    • went down to the dump

16. DaveVader

Jipa: I can't watch another movie today, or another episode of Top Gear on Dave!

Will: haha, sounds like a date plan! I've had a massive urge for chicken and chips from a great place on the high street but no matter what I eat it doesn't stay in my stomach, I'm tempted just to buy it anyway for the enjoyment of eating :D haha
    Plus, you can borrow my biohazard suit for the hug if you want, the stains on it are yogurt ... honest!

masturbation isn't even making things better and thats the cure for EVERYTHING

oh the tales of woe!

Pirate edit (not quite as fast as a ninja):
    bit being the crucial word there ;) but hey push for more as you feel comfortable ... I'm sitting at stock at the moment!

I only briefly read the end of your list and thought you were telling us about your bowel movements!

17. MaverickWill

Dave:

Have I Got News For You. Starting in about a minute. With Brian Blessed.

Enjoy!

Will x

18. DaveVader

I watch
    cya guys!

19. Red 5

Red 5 What's a Dremel?

I worked. Now I'm reading bit and will hopefully have time for some Trackmania soon.

20. Jipa

aww **** I can't even get kebab now!?! Where have I moved, damnit.

Noodles it is. Christ how I hate those things.