1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HP Elite desk stopped working swapped PSU what next?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by MSHunter, 11 Oct 2018.

1. MSHunter

MSHunter Well-Known Member

Hello my friends as I do not have any experience with trouble shooting these all in one PCs what would you recommend...

PC was working great then one day poof will not even post or open bios. Guessed it must be PSU blown, as fans spin up, stutter and then no bios.
    after swapping PSU problem still exists. Please note I have no donor boards to try.
    -Tried with only one stick of ram still no bios,
    -Even tried with nothing connected to motherboard except CPU and one stick of ram. Still no bios. Tried ram from other PC that works.

Before I give up what ells can I try?

If all fails what would be the cheapest office/photoshop set up I could build at this time for just MB, RAM and CPU with integrated graphics. I am guessing some type of AMD build. Extremely tight budget. Also time is an issue due to it being needed for tax record keeping.

2. TheStockBroker

TheStockBroker Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, much like Dell and "Optiplex", HP use the "Elitedesk" moniker for all and sundry...

Depending on exactly what you've got, I may have a complete replacement or mobo you could have for postage? If you could please post some further details about what model it is, i'll get back to you?

TSB