1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware HP LP2475w - 24in widescreen TFT review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Lizard, 28 Jul 2009.

1. SuperNova

SuperNova What's a Dremel?

Thank you for your answers! But... i was wondering about the rev on your last model (though i saw the post about you didn't know, after i had posted mine). I realize that the new one is GIG 143 but i was wondering about the last one as reference. I have heard that some of the newer models (143) did suffer more from the green/pink tint on the screens (thank the older ones). There is also one firmware that increases the inputlag quiet a bit (up to one _frame_ per second from what i have read).

To all of you who have this monitor MAKE SURE that you use the right ICC profile in firefox for example. it make a huge difference!

2. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

surely the "right" icc profile is different for every unit?

3. Horizon

Horizon Dremel Worthy

I'm looking at the lp3065 how does that compare?

4. mauvecloud

mauvecloud What's a Dremel?

Frustatingly, the manufacturers often don't provide that detail in the specifications. However, I looked at an online manual, and it listed the viewing angles as +/- 85 degrees, which is a range of 170, so the W2607C might actually be a TN panel. However, even if your Dell is an IPS panel, the HP monitor in the review has a considerably higher native resolution (the W2607C is only 1366x768)

5. antaresIII

antaresIII tephigram

You've got that.

6. antaresIII

antaresIII tephigram

I must add, that I too was quite worried about the display after reading rivers of angry customers responses.
    I do not comprehend how HP can afford themselves such behaviour.
    After seeing that the complaints later subdued I decided to take the risk in the late spring of this year.
    As as said before, the monitor is excruciatingly marvellous.
    If there would be a similar product on the market the question would arise, whether to support such customer approach as HP demonstraded at the begining.

7. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

I totally agree with you, i paid 685 pound (800 euro) for a ilijama 19" CRT back in the days.. So 400 is like half of that and its bigger....

8. Skakruk

Skakruk What's a Dremel?

Are you quite sure about 'older' S-IPS Panels

From TFT CENTRAL review *September 2008*:

"HP have kindly sent us their new LP2475W screen, using the latest H-IPS panel from LG.Display, the LM240WU4. On a quick note, HP list this screen as being S-IPS based on their website, but close inspection of the pixel structure reveals the pixel orientation to be vertical, and characteristic of the latest H-IPS generation."

I'm using a December 2008 LP2475W right now, and the pixel structure certainly doesn't look like S-IPS to me. I have always been told that ALL LP2475W's are H-IPS.

Don't get me wrong - there's a million reasons to push for a March/2009 or later LP2475W, but I'm not sure the risk of getting an S-IPS panel is one of them...

9. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

Literally just unboxed my new HP LP2475w - looks perfect, is the GIG143 revision, and i'm loving it!

10. bogie170

bogie170 What's a Dremel?

Cheapest I can find is DABS at £410.18 inc VAT and free delivery.

Shall I buy or shall I wait until 120Hz 24" come out?

11. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

That's fair enough. As we mentioned in the review, we were unable to find an exact cause for the improvements we found so we mainly recommened getting an up to date revision as our last sample suffered from noticable input lag and arainbow effect in text. The revision we have now does not.

12. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

I hate you, you HP LP2475w owner you.

13. rimscar

rimscar What's a Dremel?

Well haven't i had fun trying to track down an H-IPS panel....not.
    After the appalling experience in trying to order one from a certain company "KucO" who seem incapable of a)giving an honest answer and b) maintaining accurate stock levels (when does 10+ = out of stock?Answers on a postcard please), i then went a-hunting at all the companies listed on a google search.
    All seem to list the S-IPS panel, and none could give me the manufacturer date, so get this......

I followed the link on Bit-tech review from the price which took me to the "LCC" website--i sent a message asking them to verify the panel and this is the response i got:
    Good Afternoon

Thank you for contacting "LCC" Computers Ltd.

Unfortunately this monitor appears to come with the S-IPS Panel not H-IPS. I have checked the manufacturers website and even they specify that the monitor is S-IPS. Just a tip that Bit-Tech don't always offer accurate reviews and are occasionally wrong. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Regards,

So i ordered from "Reyub-e" as they were the cheapest and am relying on potluck! It's arriving tomoorw (saturday), so we shall see what we shall see.
    Hopefully others will have better luck in sourcing this product--i`ve lost hair over it!

14. Skakruk

Skakruk What's a Dremel?

I see. Well I'm trying to get a post-March 2009 unit myself ATM. It's been an absolute nightmare. So far I've been through:

Original unit: GIG-122 with GIG-045 F/W.
    Replacement unit 1: GIG-133 with GIG052 F/W.
    Replacement unit 2: GIG-122 with GIG-045 F/W.
    Replacement unit 3: GIG-122 with GIG-052 F/W.

They just keep sending me one or another ancient refurb, even though I've expressly demanded a GIG-143 unit with GIG-068 Firmware.

I think I'm entitled to a March 2009 unit or later as my original purchase was made in May.

I'm currently waiting for them to reply about my fourth replacement... :(

15. IT Troll

IT Troll What's a Dremel?

Just took receipt of my new LP2475w ordered direct from HP. It is hardware revision GIG153 with firmware GIG072 manufactured July 2009 in Poland.

16. IT Troll

IT Troll What's a Dremel?

Isn't your input lag testing method flawed? Your "control" monitor, the 3007WFP-HC, is regarded as having low input lag, however is does have lag and like all LCDs does vary up and down. Typically the input lag of a 3007WFP-HC is given as min 0ms, avg 11.5ms, max 27ms. Therefore saying that the HP LP2475w is 4ms slower than this isn't very helpful. Please consider re-testing against a CRT so we know what the true input lag is.

17. rimscar

rimscar What's a Dremel?

#######################
    #######################
    update 05/09/2009

fyi the unit i received from ebuyer is model num: K9911AT LP2475W (HSTND-2421-A)

Manufactured June09, CZECH, Rev GIG143

It's a lovely, if massive, display with great viewing angles, but is it worth 200 quid more than the 24'' samsung i bought a few months ago.....?? It may well have been, had i not bought the Samsung!!:hehe:

18. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Any high end panel monitor is usually worth the price if you don't plan on a replacement for a while. That said, after borrowing the HP for a bit, NEC still retains their awesome build quality.

19. antaresIII

antaresIII tephigram

after being turned on with the PC running it writes no signal, goes to sleep and then finally goes on.

is this standard with these big high-end monitors??

20. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

It's common with almost every NEC I've seen, I'm guessing because the GPU hasn't sent out the signal yet, seeing as you did turn on the monitor first.

Tags: Add Tags