Notebooks HP Pavilion dm1 no bios screen, hdd ok any ideas?

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Picky88, 5 Jul 2014.

1. Picky88

Picky88 What's a Dremel?

I have a HP Pavilion dm1 10 which recently stopped working, wasn't dropped or got wet or anything.

The only sign of life is that the led next to the power cable lights when the mains cable is plugged into it. Absolutely nothing happens when you press the power button, no fans/hdd noise, no lights or display. I have removed the hdd and it works fine in a usb case, all data is there. Have tried hard reset, and unplugging the bios battery but still nothing. I also tried booting with the ram module removed.

Without any kind of feedback I don't know what else to try? I am going to leave it without the battery, bios batter or mains cable plugged in for a few days.

Anyone on the forum know if this particular machine will boot or display anything if the ram module is not present? I have not got another machine to test the ram module in.

2. total zombie

total zombie What's a Dremel?

it could be the power/charge module, i had a laptop do the very same thing, you might be able to replace it, but you would need to open the case and see if it's removable.

3. Picky88

Picky88 What's a Dremel?

Given that it would only be worth £100 or so if it wasn't broken I don't think its worth my time taking it apart and purchasing replacement parts... I guess I will throw it on ebay as spares or repairs.