1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HP Photosmart cam - monitor studio setup

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by shroom, 29 Jun 2004.

1. shroom

shroom What's a Dremel?

Ok, heres the idea. I'm working with a trading assistant for eBay and what we're trying to do is make the process of listing as fast as possible. We've managed to expedite the process quite a bit but one of the few things stuck in our way is the way we take pictures.
    What I'm looking for is a way to set up the camera so when we take a picture they show up on a monitor, because the quality is much more legible on such a big screen so we can tell whether or not the picture came up crappy. Many digital camera users may know that while a picture may look awesome on the little lcd on the camera, they can be pure crap on a full size monitor.
    You can hook the camera up to a TV to look at the pictures you have taken, but it prohibits you from taking any pictures while the camera is hooked up.

I'm thinking USB to monitor instead of the TV setup we have right now, any ideas?

2. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

The first thing that comes to mind: I don't see how it can take so long to view the pictures you take with a digital camera. After you take a few, just plug the camera into the computer and presto!...thanks to USB technology you can instantly view your pictures. Is the difference of two minutes really that critical?

I suppose you could always have a laptop sitting next to the camera. As soon as you take a pic, plug the USB cable into the camera and view it. Then unplug and instantly shoot another. Or, if you don't have/don't want a laptop, you could build a small picture-taking area next to your computer and do the same cable thing.

I'm still not sure why you really need to make up such an insignificant amount of time. Perhaps you can elaborate, and tell us what kind of camera/software you are using?

-monkey

3. shroom

shroom What's a Dremel?

Consider that on a good day we can have 80 items to post; time adds up. The software is XP and its a photosmart 735 I beleive.

4. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

Whoa...80 items/day? At first I thought you just had a few items that you were shooting; I see now where the time can add up. Apparently you have some kind of e-bay business?

Well, I'm not familiar with that camera at all, so I can't really help you as far as shooting while plugged in to a computer/monitor. The best thing that immediately comes to mind is the aformentioned setup. Snap a few, plug it in, check, rinse, repeat. The only other soplution I can come up with is just become extremely familiar with your camera. Become intimate with its limitations such as: minimum focus distance, max/min lighting capabilities, etc. After shooting enough items you should be able to get a good feel for whether or not a shot will come out.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

-monkey